Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I have an AEM CAI. I have found that at 4000RPM, the turbo 'sucking' sound is not very audible either, and it's not so much the motor/head. I can accelerate leisurely and have the engine speed past 4000RPM in a not to fast pace and it happens then too. Is that the point where the fuel system finally decides to stop being lean and dump proper fuel into the motor?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
hello all, I have an AEM CAI. I have found that at 4000RPM, the turbo 'sucking' sound is not very audible either, and it's not so much the motor/head. I can accelerate leisurely and have the engine speed past 4000RPM in a not to fast pace and it happens then too. Is that the point where the fuel system finally decides to stop being lean and dump proper fuel into the motor?
4krpm is about where boost starts to drop-off for the WRX turbo. Probably what you are experiencing.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm.... ok, so even if I'm lets say 1/3 throttle, boost never reaches peak I assume (I don't have a boost gauge). But boost still drops off at 4K regardless? I find that kind of sad how the factory tune can be so odd. Isn't the motor safest in happiest in the upper engine speeds where the stock tune is telling the fuel system to bring more fuel? I do recall looking at dyno results that putting full load on a stock WRX at low RPM's results in super scary AFR of about 13-14.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts