Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this post while doing a google for some WRX parts (it was in a Mazda forum).
Some guy lost his Speed6 and leased an 08 WRX. He is documenting his mods and ect in the post.
I enjoyed this post so I want to pass it along.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=120032.0

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not realize he is a member here! Well, at least now I can give him props in person (so to speak) for a great job!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah, I saw the same post on Mazda6club. I had a Speed6 before my WRX too. I thought it was funny how we both went in the same direction getting non-premium sedans :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is he posting the modifications on this website too?
I sure hope so.
He does a great job of both the writing and pictures.
The arm rest and shifter are first on the list when I get my 09 WRX.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Is he posting the modifications on this website too?
I sure hope so.
He does a great job of both the writing and pictures.
The arm rest and shifter are first on the list when I get my 09 WRX.

Absolutely guys!

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to actually sink my teeth into this website JUST YET!!!

I've got some exciting news that I'll share here first, but I gotta bring over the threads and drop some detailed reviews on the parts. My day job is as a Personal Banker and it's been a crazy time recently with the economy here in states. Thankfully, I'm with the right bank and we're doing well, but we've been SWAMPED! In addition to work-related time constraints, I am incorporating a business at the moment to bring competitively priced parts to this 3g Subaru community in addition to other WRXs, EVOs, and Mazdaspeeds. I have always modified my cars in the past and share a lot of the passion everyone here does. I found a great weakness in the market (namely, customer service and vendors telling people what they want to hear instead of the truth) and decided to take a giant step to improve it. With Treble Racing, we are looking to change people's perspective on what an online vendor experience should be like. I am very excited to be bringing this project to this community and am looking forward to hearing a lot of honest feedback to help shape us into your premier choice for performance parts!

I will bring over my reviews from the Mazda threads, but it will just take a little time. As you can all understand, forums like these unite people with a common interest and create life long friendships. That explains why some Mazda heads care about Boost Addicts new WRX :). As this forum grows and becomes an information-rich place, you will all have close connections with one another, no matter what your next car will be. Whatever it is, I'm willing to be it will have a turbo ;)

Thank you to those who know me and have been patient with my transition over here. And thank you to the fellas who helped me here early on without even knowing me :) While there's nothing really to navigate through, please check out TrebleRacing.com and give me your opinion on our page. I would LOVE to hear from you!

Looking forward to spending a lot of time in this community and getting to know people around here!

·
Registered
66 Posts
FWIW: 2008 wrx, 2009 wrx and sti all have SAME injectors.
so you DON'T have to upgrade unless you want to make more hp than what a stg 2 sti will make

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
so you DON'T have to upgrade unless you want to make more hp than what a stg 2 sti will make

How do you know this? It's great info if it's true. I've heard the 09s have the same as the 08-09 STI... The 08 WRXs are 540ccs. I am keeping them stock.

Btw, here's a link to my detailed Mod thread: http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=5189.0;topicseen
ugh I can't find the link, but IIRC 07+ wrx and sti injectors are the same part # as well as the fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

How do you know this? It's great info if it's true. I've heard the 09s have the same as the 08-09 STI... The 08 WRXs are 540ccs. I am keeping them stock.

Btw, here's a link to my detailed Mod thread: http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=5189.0;topicseen
ugh I can't find the link, but IIRC 07+ wrx and sti injectors are the same part # as well as the fuel pump.
I did confirm the fuel pump was the same. What I heard was all 2.5L WRXs have 800cc injectors that are 'capped down' to 540 cc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts