Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah thats pretty much it, ha anyone done Leather interior? Im keen on getting a custom black and suede.. Not sure if many people have done much like this...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah thats pretty much it, ha anyone done Leather interior? Im keen on getting a custom black and suede.. Not sure if many people have done much like this...
I am working on that right now. I started with the rear seat because the car is my daily driver. Here's a couple pics:

I have already re-done the headrest because I was not happy with the seam that was showing between the headrest and the seat-back. Also, the black on the seat-back is not taut enough for me, but that should be easy to fix.

I am going to do the other seat-back next.

·
Registered
954 Posts
looks good so far ;D i wouldnt not reccomend someone try to recover their seats unless they are familiar with it though. hog rings and stretching fabric is a pain in the ass

·
Registered
988 Posts
I like the leather but not feeling the tan color.

·
Registered
377 Posts
looks good so far ;D i wouldnt not reccomend someone try to recover their seats unless they are familiar with it though. hog rings and stretching fabric is a pain in the ass
I got a kit from Katzkin and it took me and 2 friends 11 hours to remove the cloth and install the leather on my focus. It wasn't fun, but the end results were awesome. Too bad I totaled the car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crap, i completely forgot! Ill take some and they should be up, wink wink, by tommorrow
Damn it!! ahahah all good bud. get it up though would love to see what youve got 'packin' inside..

On other news I just ordered the 09 grill!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i really wanna get a custom leather interior that looks like stock with black leather and black perforated leather in the same places so it looks the same. I think that would look clean as hell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's a few links to mine...
It's less orangy in person - it's a Katzkin kit in Medium Red.

http://zdgglg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7sOldfp4YwYWLhiOtEpIv5FwQGxrA4ywV7vUXsUdgd8mwbIkB9FrVP4aoO2gHsOAkSCTEEuwcsg/subie2 027.JPG

http://zdgglg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pIoFbQ712wI2WOuALUXXNvyuYPumiqKdRDcaEduRgca_Y5HvuLsSdv0wSufhtBSuMo_8iKPryJGg/subie2 014.JPG

With a 35% tint you can't really tell from the outside...

http://zdgglg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pul_5Q5YcNKcesjetwRAvDoOu1MpCqmzbEFKOKslBl9KJTBdP4wSiWwnJVL4FUKtKBbWAhObx4fQ/subie2 022.JPG

But once you're in - it's a pleasing contrast - I thought most reds were too harsh - the medium red complements the DGM - At least IMHO...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Where did you get the Katzkin kit and did you install yourself? Could you post the link please and how much? I am looking for just the front seats. Yours looks good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts