Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so since about a month ago, ive been smelling this burning smell from my Subaru. I could usually smell it only when I would park my car and it would be a strong burning smell. But now I smell it a couple of times during a drive with the windows down. Its not always just sometimes I get the smell. Its a base model, 2018, wrx with 62k Miles, repleaced clutch 4 months ago NP. I recently looked and my coolant was low, I dont knkw of that has anything to do with. Also checked underneath vehicle and found no sign of leak, and no signs of oil leak around engine. Any ideas? Thanks

· Super Moderator
13 Posts
Guess I start. Anything else you might be able to ad about the burning smell?? Anything unique about the odor?? Sweet smell for example. The very harsh smell of electrical insulation melting, to name a few.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have been having the same trouble with my 150,000 mile Bugeye. Smells more rubbery than oil, though I can only trace the oil (to slightly weepy head gaskets). Belts and hoses all seem fine. An odd thought: what does a failing heater core smell like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts