Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have been into WRXs for a while now since the MY99 model. I bought a second hand, silver one of those. (Quick car but a bit no-frills compared to the new 3G cars.) I then upgraded and got an MY03 which I kept for 5.5 years (fantastic car).

I had the MY03 WRX uni-chipped and HiTech TBE'd the MY03 (BOV as well! :))

I then bought the MY09 WRX. Got the short shift kit from Subaru. A TMIC from Hyperflow, and a HiTech Quad Tip STI exhaust. I also installed a boost gauge as well just behind the steering wheel as well, which let me see the changes in boost from different mods.

Modifications were done with an idea of the car keeping a somewhat factor-ish appearance, keeping the car stealthy but tons of fun to drive!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hay mate,

I have seen you around on rexnet!

Why did you go the Hyperflow TMIC instead of the Process West? and how do you find it?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey fatboy,

Yeah I have been on rexnet before. Long time no speak!

The Process West TMIC wasn't available to buy when I bought the Hyperflow unit.

The P.W. TMIC looks great and I love the welding I have seen in the promo pics, very tidy work!

That said, the Hyperflow unit has excellent craftsmanship and welding, and definitely increases cooling efficiency over stock. I gained 8KWs @4 wheels on a DynoDynamics dyno with no tune. More importantly the power is also more accessible at all times of the day, and the engine is nice and safe.

I haven't seen any data yet comparing the gains of the HYPERFLOW vs PROCESS WEST so I don't know if In practice there are gains to be had from one over the other.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah i have no idea which is better, you are the first person i have come accross that has used the hyperflow!

At the end of the day though they are both miles better than the shitty thing that came standard!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Firstly hey all,

Own a 2009 STI with a HiTech TBE, GReddy CAI HKS BOV and Autotech Flashtune to 182.3wkws,

I understand upgrading a standard wrx top mount to a process west one, but whats the benefits of upgrading a sti top mount to a process west one or hyperflow one? All tuners keep giving me different opinions and reasons.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Firstly hey all,

Own a 2009 STI with a HiTech TBE, GReddy CAI HKS BOV and Autotech Flashtune to 182.3wkws,

I understand upgrading a standard wrx top mount to a process west one, but whats the benefits of upgrading a sti top mount to a process west one or hyperflow one? All tuners keep giving me different opinions and reasons.
Hey ABZ_STI, you no doubt got my message about joining from Rexnet !

Welcome aboard!

There is no real need to upgrade to the Process West TMIC from a standard STI one (the STI actually has a decent top mount to start with!)

The reason the WRX boys do is because the WRX one put simply is crap!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Firstly hey all,

Hey ABZ_STI,

Welcome to the forum!! great to have you on board.

I have taken the TMIC discussion further in the tuning section!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Mitchwnz,

Thanks mate, its an awesome car lol my pride and joy :) and I would recommend an STI to anyone who is willing to pay the money for a car in that price range over many other cars.

I picked it over a BMW 135i twin turbo, a 370Z, a audi S3, FPV F6, VE HSV GTS and an Evo 10. It was very close between the evo, HSV and STI but I couldnt justify driving an Evo 10 MR with a paddle shift ahahahaha and the plumet in price and worth of a HSV was a deffinate turn off. In terms of overall package, the STI is best bang for buck IMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have an my10 WRX hatch in Grey.

I was pretty disappointed with the handling side of the car stock, but I am pretty sure I have
taken care of that now many $$$ later!

I am happy that there is a place in AU for 3G owners to chat as I am sick to death of hearing about how ulgy
our cars are, how much better the gc8s are etc etc.

We desperately need a place like this to discuss the various experiments we have been carrying out!!

Mods:

Turbo XS TBE.
Verso Tune (267 & 425)

RCE/Bilstein Shocks & RCE Yellow springs.
24mm fr & 22mm rear W/L sways
W/L ALK
W/L steering rack bushes
Ultrex S/Shifter
Ultrex Front Lip Spolier

Rear chrome delete (STI colour matched part)
Smoked rear tail lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

just joined the forum recently. also just bought a wrx recently:) previous owner of a 2004 Mazda RX8.
i currently own a 2008 limited edition Sti Enhanced Wrx Hatch silver in colour.

Features:
Sti Strut bar
Sti Short shifter
Sti Enkei 17" rims (dark aluminum in colour)
Sti front lip
super low King Springs (installed yesertday ;D )

i love my rex! always look forward to driving it:)

hope we can all share to usefull rex information and i look forward to chatting with you all:)

cheers,

Sam

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey Sam, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have some nice options on your rex!

And also a big hi to you MDS, you must be another WA member (can tell via the verso tune)

How did you find the verso tune anyway, i was horribly dissapointed with mine and it is going elsewhere very soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Im James, Fatboy intorduced me to this forum. Cheers Beau
I will post a formal introduction once I can figure out how to post a new thread. I must be missing something
Oh BTW I have a MY11 STi-R in Dark Grey

Look forward to discussing and listening to you all.
James

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Im James, Fatboy intorduced me to this forum. Cheers Beau
I will post a formal introduction once I can figure out how to post a new thread. I must be missing something
Oh BTW I have a MY11 STi-R in Dark Grey

Look forward to discussing and listening to you all.
James
Hey James, welcome to the forum!

I will get back to you soon about the skid pan spot (as soon as i can figure out if the car will be back from the cage builder)

Can you not start a new thread either?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Beau

No I can find the new thread button, I get Notify and Mark Read, but that is it.

I might have a setting wrong or not enough posts, but I cant find anything in the help section either.

Bit disappointing, but we will get there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah i can understand that being annoying, admin will be along soon to fix it!

Edit: shouldn't have anything to do with the amount of posts you have!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Sam, welcome to the forum!

And also a big hi to you MDS, you must be another WA member (can tell via the verso tune)

How did you find the verso tune anyway, i was horribly dissapointed with mine and it is going elsewhere very soon!
Hi FB,

No complaints with my tune from a driving perspective. The feedback on the graphs was pretty good. I presume you gave some feedback to the tuners to see if they could improve it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I spoke to them and they assured me that it was fine and what i was telling them was impossible, i took it to Doug @ S Technik and he agreed with me that it was up the shit!

So given that the tuner didn't really listen to me i am changing! plus i need the fly by wire settings speed up and they can't do it anyway!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts