Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey im tim from warrnambool vic i have a 09 wrx hatch in blue, lowered on king springs but want lower. im a minitrucker at heart and am building a hilux full ground up stainless nut and bolt resto, its bagged and body dropped with an ls1. once i finish that i plan on going nuts on the rex. (if the missus doesnt want to sell it).

hope to get to know you guys, maybe a bbq and cruise should be on the cards (melbs)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome Tim. A cruise would be excellent. I'm not that far from you, south of Colac and my car was bought in Warrnambool.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey Tim,

Welcome to 3G mate!

Nice motor background and WRX. Kings are alright.. how much lower do you want to go? (how low did you go?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for the warm welcoming haha...

boostjuice- it dropped it 35mm all round but still needs another 20-25mm in the front to level it out... springs were kingsprings SL. might go coil overs i think, just fitted some pedders xtremes 2 days ago to a mates ve e2 clubsport, and another mate has teins in his pig sti... shit they make a difference

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah definitely. Coil overs against just stand alone springs.. Night and day difference!

Springs are great for the cost though!

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks for the warm welcome.
lets hope i dont overstay my welcome with too many stupid questions.

Side note, if anyone is from western SYD and wants to catch up for a drive get at me!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi all,

I have a blue MY08 Hatch, that I got new as the $$$$'s were right (On the road for just over $38k incl accessories and 5 Yr factory warranty - not bad for the time). I think it's time that I joined this forum as I want to do some mods soon, especially after going for a ride in a mates recently upgraded ride...he bought his MY09 sedan after going for a drive in my MY08, hence I am now looking to do some work on mine. I am thinking of doing the following:

Whiteline strut braces, sway bars etc
Short Shift Kit
TMIC
ECU
Exhaust

May have to take my time and start with the suspension mods until my warranty runs out, and then toy it up a little.

Any ideas tips etc welcome.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey Fish Jetski,

Welcome to the forum!

Nice list of mods and yeah warranty can be an issue. Maybe have a chat with your dealership before you start modding and see what they think. If you service through a dealer they might be kind enough to compromise on what mods are allowed?

Process west make a mean TMIC and I believe there was a group buy for it? I think EQ is running it.

On an MY08, suspension is a must as they came out very comfortable and they feel a bit too floaty for me so the suspension is the way to go.

An TBE and tune is also the goods for the go factor. The TMIc as well and I'm not sure how much more the little turbo can take.. After that you'll need a VF52 which you could find cheap-ish for $800 or so..

Let us know how you go and welcome again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm guessing this forum is only for the 3rd gen wrx's and sti's? and i right for saying that? if so can anybody tell me good forum for 2nd gen wrx?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all

I have been a WRX fan for a long time and I finely bought
A MY09 not long ago
Haven't done anything to it but an aftermarket exhaust
I'm a newbe so I'm still trying to find my way
Around this site so
Yea

21 - 40 of 46 Posts