Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Guys,

I'm guessing this forum is only for the 3rd gen wrx's and sti's? and i right for saying that? if so can anybody tell me good forum for 2nd gen wrx?
I just saw this :eek: Mate if your still around, feel free to contribute on all the pages, and if your keen on putting something in the show pony section that is fine.

We actually have a section for all Subarus, you can find it here:

http://au.3gwrx.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Cheers

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sounds like you've had a good deal with the rexies, how do you fair the 2.0L '03 and the 2.5L 09?
This is old but I just saw it!! :-[

They are very different for sure even though they are so similar.
I have to say that the 2.0 in the MY03 I thought felt like a bit more of an intense motor. Higher rev limit, 7000rpm, 7100/7200rpm fuel cutout, more peaky if you will. Not much in the middle - and nothing down low.
The 2.5 seems to be a bit less intense with the shorter rev range, only 6500rpm +100rpms for FC, but it has a boat load of meaty torque in the mid range, and the VF52 is actually pretty good at the high end of the revs AND the 2.5l is pretty good at the low end of the revs anyway.

The MY09 is a quicker car though, but i like the look of the MY03 more than the MY09. In saying all that, the MY11 is the winner for sure out of the 3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
Good to see a forum focused on what IMO is the best looking Rex yet. Have been wanting a Rex for years and when Subaru decided to go wide body on the standard Rex I couldn't wait to get one home. I'm the proud owner of a world rally blue 2012 wrx premium (sedan). It's less than a month old so no mods yet (don't wanna upset the warranty just yet), but I have got my eye on some interior upgrades from JPM in the short term.

Tim, I get down to Warrnambool fairly regularly,I think I might've seen your car around

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hey Mac D, Welcome to the forum mate. Feel free to post a pic of the beast and congrats on the car. Subies are definitely one of the most reliable, and now best looking cars you can get! Ps first mod, that is covered under warranty, I have to recommend the STI short shift kit, dont even think about it. Just thank me later its thats good!

Dennis

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the advice and warn welcome Dennis, I have read that the short shifter kit was a must have, to the point that some dealers in the states actually fit them to all cars by default.

I'll get out and take some happy snaps soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,

As I've said in my thread, my baby is an SSM 08 STI Spec R.

I bought her 2nd hand nearly 2 years ago, and am now finally going to treat her with some mods. She's currently my DD but I also plan to get her to the track in the future.

Real keen on meeting up with other 3g Subie owners for meets and what not.

Thanks!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts