Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got it delivered yesterday and because I cant leave a car part more than 24 hours without installing it I pulled a late nighter so you guys can see what this thing looks like. The weld quality is suprisingly top notch. The fitment was perfect except connecting the mid-pipe to the down-pipe the flange coming off the down-pipe has like a protrusion that goes into the stock mid-pipe.You guys with aftermarket down-pipes might know what I mean. The result is fine, there are no leaks. The sound is amazing, but unfortunately I have no clue nor the means to post a sound clip. I do have a video camera, but Im assuming Id have to buy some device to hook it up to the computer. :-\ I also thought this exhaust would exit straight not angled like an HKS, but I think I like it just fine. Anyways on with the pics !!! Please leave some comments.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Very nice. I know what you mean with the little protrusion, my civic had it...almost like a "lego" exhaust kit. :p Since you can't post soundclips GO DRIVE IT and tell us how it sounds! ;D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh it sounds great ....
I forgot one very important thing..
I also ordered the upgraded exhaust hangers from rallitek, and the website said I needed 5 of them but this exhaust only uses 3. Also the one closest to the front of the car, right in front of the rear diff is a major pain in the ass to do w/o a lift. I finally got it off but the downtime would have been significantly less if I would have put the car on a lift.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice pix!! Instal. looks good!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks Great! I installed the same one 2 days ago and was gonna post some pics but guess you beat me to it. I'll try to get a sound clip up. I agree with you that the hanger closest to the front of the cars a PITA to get the stock catback off without a lift.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys ;D
ntbass Im curious if you experienced the weird issue with the mid-pipe connecting to the down-pipe.... the gasket seems useless LOL.
Its not leaking so its not a huge deal just curious

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just took off the angled gasket that was attached to the Downpipe/Cat replaced it with the flat one that came with the kit. Did you use the gasket that came with the exhaust? How come it seems useless to you? I'm just curious too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

you see the gap ?? but whats crazy is there is no leak and I have the bolts torqued... is yours like this ??

·
Registered
133 Posts
This being my first exhaust install someone please correct me if i'm wrong. I think that you need to remove the angled gasket from the cat side. It is designed to mate with the stock cat and not the aftermarket ones. I took mine out and the cat fits snug against the gasket and midpipe. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm jealous

get a sound clip!

only thing that worries me is how it sticks out in the back and is close to the bumper like that (not very evenly spaced if you know what I mean)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm jealous

get a sound clip!

only thing that worries me is how it sticks out in the back and is close to the bumper like that (not very evenly spaced if you know what I mean)
Actually I think it might be the angle I took the picture at. Because it exits at an angle, its very hard to photograph

·
Registered
717 Posts
sound clips PLEASE! haha

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yes get the catless one, then get it dyno'd, the post sound clips, the front me the money for my car assuming it all work right

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nah no plans to get a catless dp. I'm going catted and I'll check into doing a sound clipaybe my homie's got that thing I need to hook up my video camera.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts