Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two?

Product ID: HS08SW1DPC
Invidia Divorced & Catted Polished Stainless Steel Downpipe For 2008-10 Subaru WRX & STi
Details

Product ID: HS08SW1DPN
Invidia Divorced Polished Stainless Steel Downpipe For 2008-10 Subaru WRX & STi
Details
IAG Subaru Performance: Exhaust,Down Pipes

·
Registered
666 Posts
One is catted, the other is not.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any performance over one or the other I've read both sides and don't see which one is more over the other.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The one without the catalytic converter will net you a few more horsepower. However, if you have to get emissions tested/inspected you won't pass without a catalytic converter (unless you have a hook up or the person inspecting your car is an idiot/ doesn't care). Also, many people who have gone catless have had problems with boost creep.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Makes the choice much easier for now, if I go w catless later on ill see how the inspections go.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question about downpipes:

I read that the divorced wastegate will not work with a bigger turbo such as APS, anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Another question about downpipes:

I read that the divorced wastegate will not work with a bigger turbo such as APS, anyone know if this is true?
Not true, the only time the downpipe will not work on a turbo is if you are mating it to one that doesn't have the subaru hotside.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not true, the only time the downpipe will not work on a turbo is if you are mating it to one that doesn't have the subaru hotside.
Do you have any recommends on a upgraded turbo that would still work this setup? I'd rather not buy two dps if I don't have to?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Do you have any recommends on a upgraded turbo that would still work this setup? I'd rather not buy two dps if I don't have to?
ATP, Blouch, FP, AMR etc... all make turbos that will work with the downpipe. How much power are you looking to make? How much money do you have to spend? What are your goals?....are all questions you'd need to answer before anyone can recommend a turbo.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for power ranges equal to or more then the STIs, so my goal and budget is looking between 240awhp+ i don't see myself going into the 350+ range w an 08 sedan.
My goals are to make my dd into a aggressive dd with posibilities of rally depending on my geolocation.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
You can hit 240whp with your current turbo. I see no reason to upgrade it, if you want a little more then slap a stock 09+ vf52 on.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can hit 240whp with your current turbo. I see no reason to upgrade it, if you want a little more then slap a stock 09+ vf52 on.
Really w the stock I have now?!!! If that's the case then what are the whp with the vf52?

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm more turbo.. Haha! Well that's for down the road. But back to my question, is there a need for downpipes if you have a turboback or viceversa? Now that I know that Invidia will work as a dp I'm not sure which to spend the money on? TB or DP?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
TB includes the cat back exhaust (cbe), a downpipe only replaces the stock one. You'll need a 3" adapter (Grimmspeed) to mate the 3" downpipe to a stock cat back. The catback has minimal gains at this power level, it is more for noise and looks.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TB includes the cat back exhaust (cbe), a downpipe only replaces the stock one. You'll need a 3" adapter (Grimmspeed) to mate the 3" downpipe to a stock cat back. The catback has minimal gains at this power level, it is more for noise and looks.
Hmmm have you experienced any difference between just a dp and cbe to a tb?
Also is there a significant difference between single and dual cbe from the tb as far as performance goes?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah,you need bigger / better turbo and THEN bolt on parts for that model year.I had one and traded it when the more powerful motors came out.2008 wrx for much Improved 2010.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah,you need bigger / better turbo and THEN bolt on parts for that model year.I had one and traded it when the more powerful motors came out.2008 wrx for much Improved 2010.
So now I'm confused, I have plans for a bigger turbo but I want to work on the exhaust first. Do I go downpipe and cbe, or straight to turboback?

·
Registered
301 Posts
So now I'm confused, I have plans for a bigger turbo but I want to work on the exhaust first. Do I go downpipe and cbe, or straight to turboback?
of course you can do TB exhaust first!but it would be wiser to get a used VF52 or better turbo from forum User and do it all one time with real gains.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts