Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Invidia DP for the 2008 WRX and 2005+ Legacy GT the same? I noticed some Invidia DPs have a divider that protrudes from the bellmouth. And some don't, its flush with the bellmouth. I've seen some pics of a Legacy GT Invidia DP with the divider being flush. And some ads with pics of the 2008 WRX Invidia DP with a protruding divider.

I've also noticed some vendors saying that the Invidia DP for the 2008 WRX is for stock or smaller than stock turbos. Would this have something to do with the wastegate divider? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I have the invidia DP and it has a divorced waste gate which is good in my book.. As for the legacy GT DP and WRX I would think fitiment would be different...

·
Registered
220 Posts
The 2008 WRX divider is longer to better combat boost creep issues on our tiny turbo. If you tried to use this on a VF40 (leggy turbo) it would interfere with the wastegate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2008 WRX divider is longer to better combat boost creep issues on our tiny turbo. If you tried to use this on a VF40 (leggy turbo) it would interfere with the wastegate.
So if you do plan on upgrading the turbo in the future, the Legacy GT DP from Invidia would be a better choice correct?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I had the same question. What can be done is that you can buy a 2008 WRX dp but if eventually go VF40 or VF46, you can trim it.
My question is, is it ok to use a LGT dp on the TD04.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can use a legacy DP on your WRX. I have an invidia catless DP for an 05+ Legacy and it works just fine with the TD04 with no boost creep issues so far, I have had it on for about three months now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts