Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So About a month ago i got a new Invidia prototype exhaust and just though I would share my thoughts with you guys. i dont have all the details on release date and price but they did tell me it should be out by august or september and right around the same price as their other exhaust systems($800). This isnt for sure so dont quote me on that but that is just what their rep was saying.

Like the title says this exhaust is pretty stealthy. you can still hear that nice subaru rumble but it is not super loud. I had the SPT exhaust on for about a day before I put this one on, so i will compare it to that.
Running the stock down pipe
-the SPT was a little louder at idle and while crusing.
-The Invidia was super quite while driving around. I couldnt even hear it inside the cabin with the windows down. When you rolled them up it got a little louder but nothing crazy.
After putting on the Invidia highflow catted downpipe it was a very nice sounding system. I never put the SPT on with the down pipe but I saw some topics about that with some sound clips so check that out if you are interested in that set up.
The prototype from Invidia was just what i was looking for after the downpipe. it opened up really nice. It was now a little louder than the spt with the stock downpipe but not much at crusing speeds and at idle. What i love most about this exhaust is that when you are driving around town and you dont want to draw any extra attention to your self this thing is perfect, but when you want to open it up it does just that. it has a really nice deep sound that we have all come to love but it keeps it nice and quite. perfect for not making the neighbours mad for coming home at 3am but also nice to show up at the track and making some nosie. Im sure if you wanted it to be a little louder you could go with the non catted downpipe and that would open it up a little more( not sure how much more though, cause this exhaust was meant to stay quite)
If you are looking for a new exhaust and what that power gain but what to keep it some what quite, this is the exhaust to wait for. it is 3" all the way back so put it with the downpipe and you have a really nice set up.
With the downpipe and the exhaust and a tune Im at 220whp and 283tq all while keeping the cops and my neighbours happy!!

I only got the one pic and its not a very good one but i droped my camera right after this shot. i got a new camera today but it was too dark for pics but I will take more tomorrow as well as make some sound clips so you can hear what this sounds like

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like i said the price isnt set in stone but just a rough price. they said around the same price as their other systems and on their website the N1 is $800. Im sure you will be able to get it cheaper from different vendors when it is released... also the spt is a steal right now at that price, you cant base the price of other exhausts off of that. And after the "INTRODUCTORY PRICE" is gone that system will be $879.

Anyway i guess right now you cant beat the spt at that low of a price. You got a good set up at a hell of a deal!! happy tuning!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah I was gonna get the N1 but I saw this exhaust on jscspeed.com and its about 600 or something like that. the thing I don't like about the SPT exhaust is the 2.5 inch midpipe. do u have a sound clip on this bad boy?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
That looks like a nice system. I am looking for something similarly stealthy for mine so hopefully Invidia will put out something like this for the sedans. I was thinking about the SPT system, but the sedan system's tips look really big and it seems like it's a little louder than what I want to go. Post some sound clips when you get a chance maybe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts