Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iPod "integration"

Anybody else have this problem?

When I startup my car with my iPod plugged in, My iPod shows the standard wallpaper, not the Subaru logo. It's like the car doesn't know the iPod is there when the radio turns on. So everytime I start the car, I have to unplug my iPod from the car, and plug it in again. Then the car sees it and starts to play Zoo Station, a horrible U2 song that I keep forgetting to erase from my Ipod.....

If you've ever plugged an iPod into the 08's you know it takes some serious contortions, so I'm wondering if there is something I can do to make the car "see" the iPod every time I turn it on without having to disconnect/reconnect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: iPod "integration"

Well, I don't have any answers for you but I completely understand. I also hate the fact that you can't (or at least I do not know how) to stop or pause the iPod, or even turn it off when it is plugged in. I swap modes to CD or FM and it is still playing through the playlist.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Can't tell for the startup detection but dor the Ipod controls through the car system, if the Ipod can receive instructions through an audio jack you should be ok and there might be a solution if not well I don't see how this could work srry

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I've been paying closer attention to what's going on when I start up and I think the problem is that the iPod is unpowered when the car is off, so it's running out of batteries. When you turn the car on the iPod has no juice, and isn't talking to the stereo. Eventually it gets enough charge to boot up and by disconnecting/reconnecting everything works. Kind of lame that the iPod 1) has no power when car is off and/or 2) the iPod control module doesn't turn the iPod off when you turn the car off.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have the iPod integration kit and it works fine.

It would Not make sense to power the iPod 24/7.

The iPod should automatically shut of when vehicle is off because it will be in "pause" mode

my Suggestion is to ensure you have the latest firmware for the iPod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts