Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing a wrx 5-door, and the closest one the dealer could find...with the options i do want...includes a few accessories, that i don't really care about one way or the other. one of those is the ipod interface. yeah, it's cool...and yeah, i have an ipod that i could use with it. but i noticed on the site that the ipod interface isn't compatible with the sirius hook up...not cool. i know the ipod runs through the aux, and i'm assuming thats were the sirius would run through...hence the incompatibility. my question is...what's the best way to go about unhooking the ipod interface and hooking up the sirius?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the car have basically 2 AUX IN, one being the 1/8 jack in the armrest and the second being either the sirius or ipod, the reason is the ipod being control by the headunit (rather than just transmiting the sound like the normal AUX IN) so it need to be connected in the BUS connector behind the headunit and the headunit just have one of those connector

·
Registered
182 Posts
There ought to be a way either to MUX that connector, or to put some kind of a switchbox ("KVM" switch for your car, ha!).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, is the car pre-wired for sirius? i have a sirius account, and i'd like use it in my WRX, but i'm not too excited about having to spend around 400 bucks for the kit subaru sells. I guess my question is: what exactly in the "kit" and why is it so much money?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts