1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Please post pics we allways like pictures

·
Registered
220 Posts
If im seeing what i think im seeing...thats really odd.

Could it be that you close the trunk with your hand in the middle? Too hard slam? Hmm...lol...do you let your girl close the trunk? They tend to slam everything!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I can't see the dent. Any better pics?
+1. Can't see it, man. Maybe get some pics closer to the dent...maybe with some light on it.

joneSi

·
Registered
988 Posts
I dent my Jetta trunk one time with my elbow. It's not cause by yout subs.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
That dent looks pretty crazy. Is it that bubble looking thing on the top left corner?
If your subs did that wow.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I remember reading a post about a hatch that got dented by the chrome piece too. Maybe it's just jackasses who got blinded by the reflection of the sun and they got angry and punched it...lol

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
hummm seems more like a hit they a sucking action to me maybe you were hit by a ball or something, had a sub in my hatch since I bought 1.5 yrs ago and still no problem but it's a hatch........still it's a hit of some kind IMHO , I saw subs blow the trunk open not suck it in

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Fron here, it looks like a bubble so force from inside pushing out.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I dunno man I see it going inside but the angle of the pic is terrible, wink wink

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I dunno man I see it going inside but the angle of the pic is terrible, wink wink
yeah, I agree. Especially the right dent above the left side of the chrome piece. Some force needed to have caused that, might not be a whole lot but still..... I agree w/ Fss_0f_Death, the sub should loosen things 1st. Your interior and trim pieces would probably fall off before something like that happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts