Subaru WRX Forums banner

"Is it soft like my moms camry ?!"

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rallyshark 
#1 ·
"Is it soft like my moms camry ?!"

Well, like in Topic.

I'd like to ask you WRX owners about handling of the new impreza.
Is it stiff ? Soft ? At the moment im a Citroen C2 VTS driver which is very stiff car and its suspension setup more reminds me about rally car than a road going car.
It has lots of grip !
But how it looks in WRX MY08 ?
How is the feeling of the car ?

Reguards.

#2 ·
Re: "Is it soft like my moms camry ?!"

Almost all current ('07 and before) owners have said the ride is soft compared to theirs. I would agree. But, I recently took my '02 WRX wagon back to stock and while the ride of the '08 is softer, the bodyroll is similar. I was able to take a few hard turns during my test drive and the car actually held pretty well. Where the '08 shines is the overall ride. It handles the bumps of everyday driving quite well. I am sure that my first mods will be to lessen the bodyroll, ala swaybar, strut bar and endlinks, which should not affect the straightline highway comfort much.

#3 ·

Almost all current ('07 and before) owners have said the ride is soft compared to theirs. I would agree. But, I recently took my '02 WRX wagon back to stock and while the ride of the '08 is softer, the bodyroll is similar. I was able to take a few hard turns during my test drive and the car actually held pretty well. Where the '08 shines is the overall ride. It handles the bumps of everyday driving quite well. I am sure that my first mods will be to lessen the bodyroll, ala swaybar, strut bar and endlinks, which should not affect the straightline highway comfort much.
are you considering coilovers to lessen body roll?

#4 ·

While coilovers would definitely lessen the bodyroll, I assume it would probably stiffen the day to day driving considerably. It least, that is what I have been told and is the reason I have not gone that route in the past. Plus, if I go the Swaybar, strutbar route, I will only spend around $500. That will be plenty for the start.

#5 ·

I think that ride is softer, but more responsive then before, I really think that is do to the multi-link rear. Which is a big improvement over the last models. I have read many reports that this is a much better platform to build off of, suspension wise. Not only that, the car is much more quiet. Much better then a Camry, I have driven those, this car is nothing like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.