Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First time member, long time lover of WRXs. Purchased a used 09 WRX 2.5ltr. Had her for a week now and so far, really good... I have a couple of questions that I just can't find a straight answer for. Is my car missing some sort of OEM front bumper lip? The car has side skirts, matching rear bumper, but when I look at this car sideways, the front seems off to me. I've looked and compared to other stock cars, fairly certain something is missing. On the assumption something is missing, I then tried to find a stock OEM replacement but I have to buy the entire front bumper. Can you please share any options to resolve I may have. Ultimately i just want to get this missing base lip and then an aftermarket lip. I don't want to order the new lip and then find out I'm missing the base lip. Any assistance would be really really appreciated.👍 thanks ✌

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

First time member, long time lover of WRXs. Purchased a used 09 WRX 2.5ltr. Had her for a week now and so far, really good... I have a couple of questions that I just can't find a straight answer for. Is my car missing some sort of OEM front bumper lip? The car has side skirts, matching rear bumper, but when I look at this car sideways, the front seems off to me. I've looked and compared to other stock cars, fairly certain something is missing. On the assumption something is missing, I then tried to find a stock OEM replacement but I have to buy the entire front bumper. Can you please share any options to resolve I may have. Ultimately i just want to get this missing base lip and then an aftermarket lip. I don't want to order the new lip and then find out I'm missing the base lip. Any assistance would be really really appreciated.👍 thanks ✌
Hi All,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi AshT,

Looks like someone has done a cheap crash repair to your WRX and used a front bumper from an RX, which doesn't have the bottom lip as part of the mould. As far as I'm aware, the only alternative is as you said - to buy a new WRX spec bumper bar.
My own 2009 WRX with original front bumper is below, and clearly shows the missing "bottom section". You can buy a lip spoiler, but it's designed to fit up beneath the "genuine" bumper bar.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jay, thanks for the reply and confirmation mate. spewing. would had rather spent the money on maintenance upgrades rather than the stock bumper plus a lip kit! Is what it is i guess. BTW, nice clean looking ride mate! All the best!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts