Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am washing my car today, and this is what I find:

The wing is not loose, or off center... it just appeared.

Anyone have any ideas...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is doing that too, on both sides. I haven't done anything about it yet. I figure it is just some padding for the wing that has worked its way out.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it almost has the consistancy of double sided tape but not sticky... I thought it was weird that it would work its way out... I was thinking that I would carefully cut it off

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
go to the dealer and say WTF as you point. ;D
Then they blame it on you and charge you 2,500 to fix it...
That cause I left the car outside while I was at work (I garage her at night) and drove it!!! haha
They would probably say something on the lines of this.

Hello sir I see you have a problem here. Have you washed your car recently?
Well yes I have, thats when I noticed it.
There you have it, when you were washing your car the vital sticky foam thingy mo jiggy was released and now you will need a new spoiler. We can have one ordered and here by tomorrow and be done. Charge will be 178 / hr with it being a 5 hour job, on top of overnight shipping which is another 300. The spoiler will cost another $1,200 because well we are a Subaru Stealership and we like to take your money! Also we will fix anything else is wrong and no idea what that will cost but I will be sure to get it fixed with out your permission so you will owe even more!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
go to the dealer and say WTF as you point. ;D
Then they blame it on you and charge you 2,500 to fix it...
That cause I left the car outside while I was at work (I garage her at night) and drove it!!! haha
They would probably say something on the lines of this.

Hello sir I see you have a problem here. Have you washed your car recently?
Well yes I have, thats when I noticed it.
There you have it, when you were washing your car the vital sticky foam thingy mo jiggy was released and now you will need a new spoiler. We can have one ordered and here by tomorrow and be done. Charge will be 178 / hr with it being a 5 hour job, on top of overnight shipping which is another 300. The spoiler will cost another =0000033480,200 because well we are a Subaru Stealership and we like to take your money! Also we will fix anything else is wrong and no idea what that will cost but I will be sure to get it fixed with out your permission so you will owe even more!
LOL...
You forgot to mention... durning all that he will snap on the rubber glove and bust out the tub of grease! haha

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
saw that on mine also.not sticking as far out as yours though.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
saw that on mine also.not sticking as far out as yours though.
Let me give an update, or something to be lookin for, my wing now has vertical movement in it, about a quarter inch :eek:... There are 5 bolts ubder the trunk lid, behind the trunk molding, holding the wing on. All 5 are tight on my ride, so I have no idea where the play is coming from and I have not had time to get into the dealership, tomorrow or Tuesday... I will get in there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is it with the cosmetic stuff falling off of these cars? My side skirts have been coming loose for a month now. I resnap them in and then a week later a couple of the clips work themselves loose toward the back of the car and they start to rattle.

Come on, subaru.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I just got back from the Dealership. Notes:

"TECH VERFIED CUSTOMERS CONCERN, TECH FOUND REAR SPOILER LOOSE AND SEAL COMMING OUT, TECH ORDERED NEW REAR SPOILER PARTS WILL CALL WHEN PART ARRIVES"

My cost $0 ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
nice!

PS: the side skirts... they were probably installed at the dealer. this means they might have used the wrong size snaps (too small!)

go to the dealer and see if they'll check them out and maybe use bigger ones

and if they won't, go to a hardware store (like Lowe's) and grab some "automotive fasteners" (they're in the aisle with the screws and bolts)

·
Registered
52 Posts

"TECH VERFIED CUSTOMERS CONCERN, TECH FOUND REAR SPOILER LOOSE AND SEAL COMMING OUT, TECH ORDERED NEW REAR SPOILER PARTS WILL CALL WHEN PART ARRIVES"

My cost

My cost

My cost

My cost $0 ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D
good for you!!!! how much trouble did they give you?? i dont really think mine is loose....was your noticeable??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts