Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here guys, here are some pictures of my Invidia Q300 exhaust. My butt dyno appoved. :) Ive been playing around with the exhaust tips to see how I like them sitting better. I like the ones on the outside a little lower. As for fitment it sits pretty close to the rear diff (i can fit my iphone in between. But overall the exhaust is great. This exhaust also has a resonator which gives it a deep tone. I have mine mated up to a Cobb catted downpipe.

The car: Cobb AP Stage2 285whp 320tq, Cobb Springs, Cobb catted downpipe, Invidia Catback, 2006 STi boost gauge.

The Exhaust:

Here are a couple more random pics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have some wheels on order Gramlight 57 Optimise 18x9.5 +38. Still on a 2 month back order tho.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Damn, that car is beautiful all around! I'm not really digging the uneven exhaust pipes, but the exhaust looks great overall. Maybe it just takes some getting used to. Do you have any sound clips by any chance? Can't wait to see the new wheels..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Love the exhaust. That is a really really sweet car. Very nice.

joneSi

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wheels are a Gunblue. Should look pretty good. its the same color as my track wheels on the 06.

On the exhaust tips you can adjust them. I am just trying to see what i like better, I kind of like the outer ones to be further down. The exhaust was pretty hard to align straight, thats the only downside about it. I have not made any exhaust clip videos but there are a couple on Youtube which makes the exhaust sounds alittle raspy, but its not in real life.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody have any exterior suggestions?

this forums moves slow...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I assume that you are just running springs? The stroke looks pretty long on the suspension (maybe need some sways to reduce some roll), and looking at the picture at the top you may have removed your rear tire as it is throwing of the weight balance of the car? COBB Springs are nice and all but the rates dont look to be aggressive enough. They are at 4 F 3.5 R
10% stiffer in front but 20% stiffer in rear. Probably why the front sits lower than the back end even though they post a 1" drop all around. looks almost like a 1cm difference. It also looks like you maxed out front camber which is a good move.

This is where I would start. Looks very nice, but at that power level, I would focus a bit more on suspension handling the jump in power where the stock suspension cant even really handle the stock power levels.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
f/r sways will be a mod in the future. I might be getting some cusco coilovers in the spring. but for now the springs work great and they are definably at least a 1 inch drop not 1 cm. Since the car is my DD i am not wanting to heavly modify it. so ill be doing those mods and thats about it. ill keep all the larger mods for my white car.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Sorry about the miscomm. I meant that it looks like the front is 1cm lower than the back :p
The car's drop looks very nice, I was just wondering about the weight distribution which is what you confirmed.
You have a weight distribution of 60% in the front and 40% in the rear. And I think this is without you in the car.

This is probably why the front looks so low. While this is good for uphill runs or drag racing, I would think more balance is required for a daily driver.
I am just wondering what this does to the car's balance. You have a track car which I would think is closer to 55F 45R I prefer even more towards total balance myself though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup i agree with you there. I didnt want to modify this car at all. but my white car had a broken tranny. and i had to do something! I actually just found a good deal on some Cusco Zero2 coilovers from my buddy for $1300. slightly used so i might pick those up this spring :D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Great deal.
On a side note mine is set at 52F 48R and I lowered only 15mm prior to corner balancing all around so the suspension geometry doesn't get altered too much.

I checked out the Subaru Rally car at the LA car show and it looks like they run the same coils you'll be getting ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts