Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so it took me every bit of four full days and a lot of frustration and cut up hands to get it done but its finally done, Alpine IVA-D105 6.5 inch flipout touchscreen with the little bypass that lets me watch movies while driving. :eek: i also have the alpine blackbird hand held navi unit with docking station that hooks directly up to the touch screen. infinity 2 channel amp powering 2 ten inch audiobaun subs. it was a pain to take this car apart normally the hardest part on any other car i have worked on is getting the power wire through the firewall well in this car that was the easiest part. but anyway heres the pics . what do you guys think. also if anyone has any questions i will be more then happy to try to answer them. i almost forgot i had to make a custom trim panel because i couldnt find one at the time but what you can do is go get any double din trim ring and just cut it down to size. to make it double din i just bought http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=112200&i=120988999&c=3&tp=861
and crutchfield has the harness for it also so you dont have to cut into any factory wires.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=103000&i=120708901&c=3&tp=736

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the only way i know right now to add more then 4 pictures. sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I hope it's only your passengers watching the movies while you're driving

looks nice and clean though
if his passanger is able to watch the video that mean two thing:

either he have the hanbrake engaged...
either he's driving around a car with totaly no insurance on it, his life, and other people's life... that what happened when you install a bypass switch... goodbye insurance !
i hope you are aware of the consquence of bypassing the system if someday you crash you car or/and kill somebody... trust me the insurance compagny WILL find out to be the cause of every single accident that will happen to your car

on a side note, whats the impedance of your subs ?? cause i saw you bridged them right ? if they are DVC you better put 1 sub per channel you will achieved the same power than bridging them into 4ohm
if they are 4ohm subs... your amp will not be stable for a lon time bridged into 2ohm... those reference are clipping very easely

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok first of all YES i do have insurance, NO i dont have the e-brake on, and YES i do realize the dangers of having it on there you must not be familiar with a bypass module. but come on give me a brake you think im a complete idiot? ::)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
no that not the point, i know that you are aware of the consequence of watching and driving

the only thing most people are not aware is that the insurance compagny will cancel you contract in case of accident if they found a switch, even if the DVD was not the cause of the accident.... i know people working in the insurance claim industry and as soon as the car in question have a DVD player with no ground to the e-brake they dont pay anything

im working in the car audio installation since many year and i did bypass a load of system... but i alway want to make sure everybody know the little print about car insurance VS safety law... but that canada, i dunno how they do it accross the border but just be careful and ready to get rid of your bypass in case of a severe accident :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i appreciate the heads up and sorry for going on the defensive i just took it the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
hehe no prob. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i dont ever want to really piss anyone off cause this is an awesome site and everyone has been really helpful. as for what size din fits. nothing really. lol. no matter if you go din or double din your still gonna have to buy or fabricate a trim ring.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
just be patient, they will come up with something soon, i sell Best kits adaptor plate so i will tell you when trim is available

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i couldnt wait thats always a problem for me. lol. but i second that. wait, you will save a whole lot of time. and nerves.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
most car audio shop/install bay carry either Bestkits or Metra, so just pop in ask if they carry metra parts (since bestkits havent releases it yet) they wont probably have it in stock but will be able to order it in a few days time, should cost around 20$ i guess

·
Registered
81 Posts
how do you like the alpine? i was just looking at the Kenwood KVT-719DVD. was wondering what kind of review you'd give the alpine...sound quality, screen clarity, etc.? Also, do you have any pics with the unit closed? questions aside, nice job on the install!

[]D [] []V[] []D ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do you like the alpine? i was just looking at the Kenwood KVT-719DVD. was wondering what kind of review you'd give the alpine...sound quality, screen clarity, etc.? Also, do you have any pics with the unit closed? questions aside, nice job on the install!

[]D [] []V[] []D ;)
i love my alpine. its all i will buy. there a little more pricey then everything else. but this is probably my 4th alpine head unit ive owned and i have never had one break i just always want to get the new stuff. lol. as far sound quality its awesome same for picture quality. the only thing is that ad ons are always more expensive for alpine like blue tooth, satellite radio i pod etc. personally im not a fan of kenwood i don't think they make a quality product like they used to.
as for the pic of it closed heres a link from crutchfield im being lazy by not taking my own pic. lol.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=168550&i=500IVAD105&tp=448

1 - 19 of 19 Posts