Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 262 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
edit: to keep track, this translates to:

Pin 10 from mirror switch wired to blue/red in door harness plug.
Pin 9 from mirror switch wired to black/white in door harness plug.
so, pin 10 from mirror switch wired to driver's & passenger's side door harness blue/red (pin 24)
so, pin 09 from mirror switch wired to driver's & passenger's side door harness black/white (pin 25)

then, pin 5 on the driver's & passenger's side "assembly" to door harness will be populated with GRAY wire terminal from "power unit"
then, pin 2 on the driver's & passenger's side "assembly" to door harness will be populated with BROWN wire terminal from "power unit"

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
i have a couple coming in with a bunch of other random jdm parts.

i'll sell you one at 75 shipped. it's at least ten bucks cheaper than japanparts.com, shipped. also, when they are actually here, it won't take two weeks for them to arrive to you(buyer) whenever you are ready to buy. there are also new.

let me know.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Have either of you guys got the part number for the JDM OEM mirror switch with the power folding button? Is it 83061SA010? Just spent an hour googling with no luck.

I will update later with the part number from my switch.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Have either of you guys got the part number for the JDM OEM mirror switch with the power folding button? Is it 83061SA010? Just spent an hour googling with no luck.
I will update later with the part number from my switch.
Perfect! Thank you.
i am looking over my switches now with no indication of a p/n. there are other numbers but nothing in the format of a subaru oem i am used to seeing. here are some pics for reference.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
could check toyotas site then with those numbers
what model did that switch come from?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
yea i doubt they are too, but they may be out there on a toyota forum

·
Registered
389 Posts
monkiboy,

Mirrors arrived right on time today! My compliments on the packing job, it's much appreciated and they look great! It's almost a shame to gut them for the parts. Pleasure doing business with you, sir.

...now all I have to do is find time to install them...after I combine them with my signal mirrors.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i am looking over my switches now with no indication of a p/n. there are other numbers but nothing in the format of a subaru oem i am used to seeing. here are some pics for reference.

I think it is only on the box that the switch comes in, that is where I will grab it from.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it is only on the box that the switch comes in, that is where I will grab it from.
Thanks! That will get one more detail documented for everyone.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Updated with the part number for the switch. Googling the number brings up the AVOJdm page, they have the switch for around $54 right now.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Updated with the part number for the switch. Googling the number brings up the AVOJdm page, they have the switch for around right now.
just uploaded to their site thanks to ross over at avojdm and coupon code for 10% off, too. he thought japanparts price was a bit too high, haha.

this is cheaper than i can import them for, i was happy...for you guys, haha.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
just uploaded to their site thanks to ross over at avojdm and coupon code for 10% off, too. he thought japanparts price was a bit too high, haha.

this is cheaper than i can import them for, i was happy...for you guys, haha.

Nice, maybe he can get the K2 Winkers ha.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Subaru Genuine Parts list that part number on their site:

Go to https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html and search for 83061SA000. They call it "SW AY R.C.M." and have it listed for $48.19.

This leads to two questions: Are there other US market Subarus which have folding mirrors? Was the box power6 received his folder switch in actually the original package? No pictures on the sgp site. Might be worth a phone call to verify what it is.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
ok, i'm getting antsy.

none of my contacts or sources can get the darn connectors/terminal/plugs i need. i still have one mediocre lead but he seems rather incompetent. i might just have to tackle this the old fashioned way - with some splicing. i'm still waiting on my k2gear indicators but i think i will get the wiring done so that all i need to do is snap the indicators in when they arrive and be done.

estimate time of completion: sunday, the 13th.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
ok, i'm getting antsy.

none of my contacts or sources can get the darn connectors/terminal/plugs i need. i still have one mediocre lead but he seems rather incompetent. i might just have to tackle this the old fashioned way - with some splicing. i'm still waiting on my k2gear indicators but i think i will get the wiring done so that all i need to do is snap the indicators in when they arrive and be done.

estimate time of completion: sunday, the 13th.

I think it will be a little bit of a PITA without a spare connector, because you need to get two wires connected directly to the terminals in the mirror switch. You will need to pass those wires through the mirror switch connector. But it can be done, and get you up and running until we get something more permanent.

I was thinking we would be out of luck, I have to do some overnight work on Friday which blows my Saturday away (junkyard closed on Sundays) and I am getting married next weekend so that is out. But that gives me this Friday all day off...I just might take a ride out there and see what I can find...

·
Registered
243 Posts
where can you order these jdm subaru parts from?

21 - 40 of 262 Posts