Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted something similar awhile back but didn't get all that much info, but here goes. During my last oil change I went ahead and installed a sandwich plate adapter to run with my prosport premium oil pressure gauge. But when I finished the install the needle was pretty jerky especially when accelerating from a stop or lower speeds. I don't think it's necessarily a bad sender unit (although I could be wrong), but at idle it reads right where it should (18-20psi) and cruising speeds the tracking is pretty smooth. It's only around the say 40-60psi range where it seems to lag, but then "catches up" real quick. I've heard horror stories about sandwich plate adapters leaking but I think mine seems to be fine considering my oil pressure has been pretty solid for the past 5k miles.

So I'm up for a oil change soon and was contemplating ditching the sandwich plate adapter ONLY if installing the sender under my alternator will make the tracking of the oil pressure gauge track smoothly. Since the sandwich plate adapter is holding up fine I didn't want to go on switching things around if there will be no difference. Also from the sandwich plate adapter to the back of my gauge the supplied wire wasn't long enough so I used some copper wire to extend it. Would doing this cause the gauge to operate jerky like it's doing? Or do these things normally operate kinda jerky and jumpy.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts