Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Cobb springs put in and the install went great and they ride really nicely.....No problems with them and soon to post pictures!! :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
+1!!!

lets see em!

how is the ride compared to stock?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here are some pics of mine with Cobb's springs on it. The ride is nice - not too harsh. DEF need bigger sway bars and a front strut bar though.

Thanks,

Dan P

·
Registered
81 Posts
any scraping/bottoming on bumps?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No bottoming out at all - and I live in New England where the roads SUCK this time of year. Of course I am VERY careful not to hit pot holes and such. Speed bumps are no problem. I like the springs - actually wish they were a bit stiffer as there is still body roll, but I think good sway bars will fix that problem. The ride is very much like stock when just cruising around. The springs become noticable when really pushing the car around corners. I am still getting used to them and the car in general. My 1989 325i still handles better...but it has Bilstein sport shocks, H&R springs, Suspension Techniques sways, Ireland Enginerring strut bars and Falken RT 615 sticky tires on it.....plud RWD and perfect 50/50 front to back and side to side weight distribution. The WRX is a totally different animal. I bet it has better mechanial grip out of the box, but drives totally different.

On a side note - I see H&R just released their springs for the 08 WRX. These were not available and didn't have a release date when I bought the Cobb springs. I have a soft spot for H&Rs. I would like to drive a similair set up WRX with the Cobb and the H&Rs on them to compare and contrast the handling characteristics.

I am totally happy with the Cobb springs and all of their products for that matter.

Hope this helps!

Dan P

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
very nice, add a rear sway bar, if you havnt already, and you will be even happier! ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts