Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am super excited. I just traded in my 07 Civic EX for this 2008 WRX sedan. I so far have fallen in love with it. It's pretty much the base model, only options were the spoiler and auto dimming mirror. This is my second AWD car, the first being an eclipse GSX with more problems than I knew what to do with...so I'm already in love with the Subaru reliability. I have been reading my butt off here and figured out somewhat of a mod path. My one and only gauge I plan on getting is a boost gauge. I'm looking at either Perrin/AVO 100% recirc bov, possibly Rallitek or UR CAI and AP from Rallitek as well. And somewhere down the line probably get a new TMIC. I can't wait to get some nasty weather to try the AWD out to its fullest. On the first test drive the guy let me drive around in a freshly snow covered field and the car didn't hesitate one bit...a huge selling point to me! I'm already 200 miles closer to going driving a bit more aggressivley, right now I'm babying it as the manual says, although I can tell the car BEGS to be pushed harder. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
welcome to the forum. Put some miles on that thing and let er eat bro !!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The super cold weather I once hated driving the Civic I LOVE with the WRX....it was 28*F out tonight...and my turbo was loving it! I was keeping the rev's under 4k and wow. I could hear that turbo spooling quite loudly, and I even heard the BPV a few times, not under heavy load either. I don't want anything that screams "cops come get me" but I do enjoy hearing that turbo....plus that auto climate control is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It waited for my temp gauge to jump a little and then blasted me with SUPER warm air...my civic would just blow cold air for a long time. Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm really glad I found this board, seems like a lot of knowledgeable people! :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us, where are you from
i also love my auto climate, but so far my car seem to have some fogging/defrosting problem on the rear especially.. but i can live with it

·
Registered
243 Posts
[quote so far my car seem to have some fogging/defrosting problem on the rear especially.. but i can live with it
[/quote]
weird what do you think is causing this problem?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i hope its not just poor engeenering of the climatisation system..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thats odd mine seems to work great... i mean you know pretty fast at clearing everything up. have you asked the dealership yet or is it just not a big deal?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought my first mod the other night....all season floor mats! Ok, I bought them at Walmart and cut them to size...only $7/piece. And then I bought a Prosport Amber/White boost gauge today. I can't wait to install that when it arrives. I think after my next paycheck or two a CAI from UR or RalliTEK might be heading my way ;D

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Welcome and grats on your car! Haven't seen pics of a silver sedan yet. Looks great! I too am struggling with the break in period. Only 500 miles to go!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't wait any longer. I figured if I was going to buy this stuff later may as well get the payment out of the way...so I bought an AP and AVO intake from Rallitek today. I'm stoked to see how it works :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts