Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just ordered harman motive;s new intake system from their website. The intake in $199 plus $20 ship. Harman motive promises the intake wont mess up your air/fuel n maf readings. Im currently running the perrin stage 1 93oct map (revision 3) on my stock wrx. I am going to install the intake system with the current tune and use my AP to do some datalogging and post my results here. Pictures and info on the intake can be found here.

http://www.harmanmotive.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_452_472_479&products_id=2510 ;D

The intake looks promising. I remember reading an article a while ago when harman tested 3 different intakes on an 07 sti and found out that not all intakes are bad if they are designed to not give false maf readings. ill try to find the article n post it here. I should have the intake by monday so ill post pics of my install as well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys I just ordered harman motive;s new intake system from their website. The intake in 9 plus ship. Harman motive promises the intake wont mess up your air/fuel n maf readings. Im currently running the perrin stage 1 93oct map (revision 3) on my stock wrx. I am going to install the intake system with the current tune and use my AP to do some datalogging and post my results here. Pictures and info on the intake can be found here.

http://www.harmanmotive.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_452_472_479&products_id=2510 ;D

The intake looks promising. I remember reading an article a while ago when harman tested 3 different intakes on an 07 sti and found out that not all intakes are bad if they are designed to not give false maf readings. ill try to find the article n post it here. I should have the intake by monday so ill post pics of my install as well!
Let's revive this thread!

I installed my Harman Motive intake a couple of weeks ago and I love how it sounds, especially with the TurboXS recirc. valve. Hard to say about gains in power although it does 'feel' better.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
(Verified by AEM rep) Their design is based off of the AEM intake minus the heat shield. Hence they shared the dyno as a trade =)

In other words good buy since heat shields shouldn't cost $70

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
(Verified by AEM rep) Their design is based off of the AEM intake minus the heat shield. Hence they shared the dyno as a trade =)

In other words good buy since heat shields shouldn't cost
my difference is only .... making my heat shield only ??? :p
The AEM lists on their site for 262 + shipping vs 199 + shipping ???

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got the Harman Motive intake in black crinkle powder coat it looks sharp in the engine bay. I'll post up some pics soon! You can definitely hear the turbo spool up and the bypass valve. I would recommend buying it over the AEM, just for the fact that you can use the stock intake scoop for more fresh air.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here are those pics I promised earlier!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just bought the Injen version in black, installed and tuned.
Just letting you all know it is a heatshielded alternative that can also utilize the OEM snorkel.
Let me know if you want me to post pics.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
that is a good idea! :)
Without snorkel, it seems like the air thats being directed in, is just going all over the place (judging from where all the dirt is in the engine bay)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts