Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am brand new to the forum and to Subie's. Just picked up a 2011 Obsidian Pearl WRX. It's lowered on STR rims with a CAI, catback, and synapse BOV. The dealership didn't know basically anything that was done to it and as I am beginning to find out, I think the previous owner had a lot done to it and reverted to stock to trade in. On the drive home from the dealership the fuel cut on a 5th gear pass and threw a bunch of lights on the dash (code P0244) which I know is overboosting. After further inspection, only 1 of the 2 hoses on the BOV are plugged in, and there was a small hose not T'd in right after the wastegate actuatator - this one looked like it just slipped off. The car hasn't thrown any more codes since I had them cleared, but I haven't tried either. Yesterday I replaced the battery and plugged in the small hose to the T connector by the wastegate, and after that it seems like it is not building as much boost, almost seems like its just slower and the turbo is noticeably quieter. I am wondering if it was flash tuned and when the battery was disconnected it reset it? There was no mention if the car was tuned or not but I am leaning towards yes - or at least it was. Any advice? Thanks! I will post pictures of the car shortly and I will take some pictures of the specific hoses I am talking about.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts