Updated...Debadged, tinted, SPT Catback, and Momo shift knob, all season mats

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hey Gratz friend, welcome home!!!! ;D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations; very nice car. I'm slightly jealous, as I am a current 08 owner ;). Do you have any modding plans? Congrats again and welcome!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Glad you love it and welcome

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the friendly replies. I do have plans for modding, but I guess I will wait for Cobb's AP to come out. I'm looking for an SPT catback as well.

As far as dyno'ing, I only have 50 miles on the car so far...need more break in :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
As far as dyno'ing, I only have 50 miles on the car so far...need more break in :)
break it in the way you plan on driving it. lol 140mph on my way home on the highway after i picked it up only 37 miles on her. 18k miles later not one problem or CEL. when my friend picked up his new civic SI the dealer told him break it in the way your gonna drive it lmao!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome

Hey Congrats on the ride... Numbers, we need lots of numbers... ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Congrats,

While you're breaking it in make sure to go WOT (Wide-open throttle) not to redline, but it helps the piston rings set correctly...

So flooring it every once in a while is actually good for the break in period (especially the first 50 or so miles)

~Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome fellow 09'er.

Its nice to see another 09 from CA.

First mod should be a Vanlentine One... Van Nuyes to Sacramento airport in 4 hours 10 min and saw 10 CHP along the way. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats! The sedans look great in blue and white, if i wasn't such a hardcore black paint guy i woulda gotten blue next. looks great!! i searched the Timmons inventory after RATROKT found his car down south too.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I definitely did plenty of WOT runs...limiting myself to 4K RPM's for now. Either way the car is a blast to drive.

Just got tinted today

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Congratulations. WOT is not exactly the way to go during the break in period, although it's debatable. I believe in the manual it says something like no rapid acceleration and no hard braking unless in an emergency. WOT = rapid acceleration. I'm not saying baby it, but dont beat it up too quickly. No WOT, but no cruising around too much. Some load is good. You'll have plenty of time to do WOT stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
There isn't actually much to debate,

Your piston rings set correctly under an environment where the throttle is wide open...

If you miss the window in the early driving days of the car they never set exactly correct and won't...

Now that doesn't mean go out and launch the car, that means go out and when you're on the highway give it a little gas when you're merging...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can hardly tell the difference between my 08 & your 09 when the hood is popped open ;D
Congrates and good luck on your new beast!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts