Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
im thinking trading in my 08 since my08 is almost stock,sport grill+spt n dp.
Do you have your stock DP? If you do, go back to stock and save the aftermarket DP for the 09. ;)

But me naw... I like my 08

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
nah,im happy with the 08 after suspension and tuning.would lose too much on a trade and why start over on mods?im happy with the 08.i dont like the seats or the grille either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No, don't feel like eating up all that depreciation value on my car, even though it is 3 months old. Already did the suspension, and even though the '09 will be a sick car, it is not worth it for ANY 08 owner to trade it in. But, I guess price point for the new '09 will be the deal breaker. If it is priced more than 3k the '08, then I'd rather upgrade my 08 to match or better the 09.. But damn that red stitching looks nice

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
No, don't feel like eating up all that depreciation value on my car, even though it is 3 months old. Already did the suspension, and even though the '09 will be a sick car, it is not worth it for ANY 08 owner to trade it in. But, I guess price point for the new '09 will be the deal breaker. If it is priced more than 3k the '08, then I'd rather upgrade my 08 to match or better the 09.. But damn that red stitching looks nice
You better not trade in, lol, you'd have to change your login and everything :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You better not trade in, lol, you'd have to change your login and everything :p
lol me2 2k8 will soon be 2k9, but i will wait n see, depend on the trade in value

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love mine! Bolt on parts, tune, and the 08 could be pretty close to the same level as an 09. And for less money than it would cost to get into an 09.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok well the way I see it the 08 has the same potential as the 09 with mods. The 09 may come with more but is it not still the same engine? Cant you do the same to the 08 that you can to 09? When you get into replacing the turbo and new intercoolers wont you use the same maps? I am new to this stuff so let me know if I am way off base.

When you upgrade the sways on both wont you still use the same bars? I dont think cobb will have different sways for 08 and 09.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Actually its not just bolt on parts. The transmission has been strengthened with hardened materials in the main shaft and 1st gear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok well the way I see it the 08 has the same potential as the 09 with mods. The 09 may come with more but is it not still the same engine? Cant you do the same to the 08 that you can to 09? When you get into replacing the turbo and new intercoolers wont you use the same maps? I am new to this stuff so let me know if I am way off base.

When you upgrade the sways on both wont you still use the same bars? I dont think cobb will have different sways for 08 and 09.
You're pretty much bang on, with the exception of the upgraded turbo on the '09. Subaru has yet to release what kind of turbo it is, but yeah thats the only real difference. The rest is either cosmetic (sunroof, red stitching) or bolt on's (DP and exhaust). So in other words what we have all been doing to our 08's comes factory on the 09's minus the voided warrenty.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The latest news on NASIOC is that the price point is going to surprise a lot of people.

Keep in mind, some of us don't want to replace the dp and turbo. An '09 would get you "what most of us have done" but you'd still have a full warranty. For some there is a benefit to it.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
The latest news on NASIOC is that the price point is going to surprise a lot of people.

Keep in mind, some of us don't want to replace the dp and turbo. An '09 would get you "what most of us have done" but you'd still have a full warranty. For some there is a benefit to it.
You'll still have full warranty with Subaru parts...

·
Registered
216 Posts
^^ SPT doesn't make an aftermarket DP for our cars, so to achieve the "same power" we would have to avoid the warranty with a DP and an AP stage 2 re-flash. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to be putting down that kind of power with a weak transmission. I'm bummed that they get a stronger tranny :(

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Actually its not just bolt on parts. The transmission has been strengthened with hardened materials in the main shaft and 1st gear.
Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything about the 09's having a different transmission.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything about the 09's having a different transmission.
neither have I?
I don't know, the fact that the 08 transmission whines like a dog in first and second gear leads me to believe that maybe they had strengthened it already for 08. I don't see why they would have changed it otherwise. Besides, OGB seemed to last a while even with an FP Green and what I would assume was some pretty hard use. I'm not worried about the transmission personally, especially if you just upgrade to whatever turbo the 09's are using which would be a pretty tame upgrade. My goal is ~300hp flywheel hp, which would hopefully be about where I will end up with a tune and the 09 WRX TC, depending on what it ends up being of course. I just mainly want something that spools later, and stays stronger up top.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts