Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered one of these from turninconcepts.does antone else have the kartboy installed??ill post about it after its put in.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Did you already install yours? I threw mine in last night. Huge improvement, I would highly recommend it to anybody who's looking to tighten things up a bit.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it didnt come in yet.sometime this week.its easy to put in right??i installed a b&m in my 03 tiburon and it was a pain in the ass!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yeah it's a breeze. I'm puzzled when I ready threads about having to pound them in with a sledge. There's a snap ring in there LOL....It plops right in the socket and there's plenty of clearance around all the metal bits.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I didn't measure but it's a pretty significant drop. I just drove it out to Ventura and back. So much fun

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah I still have the stocker on there. Even so it's obviously lower when you sit there staring at it. The aftermarket knobs will drop it quite a bit more, the stocker looks real tall compared to some of the knobs out there.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just installed the kartboy short shifter.it too about 20 minutes.shifts are more notchier and precise.it looks about an inch or so lower than stock.i had no problems with any rubbing like some of the people with the perrin shifter.would recommend this to anyone.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just installed mine. Had some trouble getting the c clip off, but other than that, it was a breeze.

Oh yeah, I broke a clip on the console :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the shifter from Kartboy along with all the bushings from TiC and I love it. Shifts are solid and precise. No longer sloppy and soft.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got mine from Kartboy today.

On the outside of the plastic is says "2205-2008 LGT" which says to me its for the Legacy GT. Are the LGT and WRX SS the same?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nevermind. I just installed it. Now im gonna go tear it up in my neighborhood real quick! ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Install was pretty easy. It took me about 40 minutes after everything was said and done.

The height is noticeably lower which is exactly what I wanted, and the shifts seem to be a little more precise. No clearance problems like I have heard other people had with SS.

I should be installing my bushings this weekend!!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the only issue i saw with install is the top linkage rubs on the rubber insulation under the front.just grease everything good.i love this shifter!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's a question for you guys. My 08 WRX came with the Sti short shifter kit. Is this kit just the internal mechanisms or is it only the shifter? I also own a Kartboy shifter from my old RS. Would it be pointless to take off the shifter currently on my car and replace it with the Kartboy? Yeah.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The STI short shift is nice. The kartboy is about the same height just with a slightly quicker movement. I wouldn't bother switching if you all ready have the STI one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts