Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas,
I have been trying make a decision here with no luck and I'm looking for opinions so here goes.
Anyone have any ideas or opinions on how a "basic" DMG WRX with OEM mudguards would look on Black 17" Konig Feather wheels with a 215/40/17 tire lowered on Cobb springs?

http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_product_details.cfm?CategoryID=1&ss_id=480&ss_categoryName=Feather (Black--Lightweight Wheel)

I like the fact that they are around 17lbs each. I was thinking of the 40 series tire because when I see a WRX that has been dropped on COBB springs and OEM wheels and tires, the fender well gap looks too close. So, maybe the 40 series may open it up just right??
I got the idea from the Perrin WRX build up that was featured in SCC Feb 08 issue (pic attached). Only thing is, I do not have the body kit, just mud guards. If you think the black wheel would look too small, they have a silver color as well.
Anyone good at photoshop?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I actually liked the Runaways better on that car. They are the same weight as Feathers and come in black and silver.

As for the springs, I'm looking at the JDM pinks somebody posted on here. Then you don't have to worry about an odd tire size.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will look at those. The JDM Pinks I looked at also. But after reading it said they were only a 15mm drop?? That's not even 3/4" And I'm not sure if it is 15mm F/R (which would still give it the appearance that the front is higher than the rear)????
Hopefully he will posts picks this weekend and clear up some confusion.

So do you think the Black wheels will look small?
Do you think the 40 profile will be odd looking?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I love how the COBB springs look but I'm a little wary about that much drop. I read somewhere that the travel on 08's is even less than previous years, so what might have been okay before is now a little low.

That tire setup is a full inch smaller in diameter than the stock setup, so your speedo is going to be fast by 5% and your suspension geometry is going to be messed up. If you want your wheels to appear larger, I'd get 18's with 225/40/18 tires. It doesn't solve your wheel gap problem but the wheels will definately not be small. If you buy decent wheels they will still be much lighter than the stockers!

I'm sure in the next few months there are going to be more springs out there that fall somewhere in between the pinks and the COBB spprings. That's when I'm going to get serious about buying some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts