Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new wheels today. 17x8 konig runaways with 225/45 kumho mx tires. I originally wanted the Konig feathers but they are discontinued in the silver.

Before:

I know it needs to be lowered. I am hoping to get some cobb springs next week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice wheels. I was thinking about getting a set for track days. We'll see. You should look into getting some Sti pinks. You can get a set from SGP for about $150+ shipping I think. Just a thought on the cheap side.

Rock on.

Kenny

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice wheels. I was thinking about getting a set for track days. We'll see. You should look into getting some Sti pinks. You can get a set from SGP for about 0+ shipping I think. Just a thought on the cheap side.

Rock on.

Kenny
I am not sure if the pinks would be low enough. I think it is only about 0.6inches. The wheel gab is pretty big so I think the cobb springs might look a bit better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fair enough. I only wanted a small drop and was mostly after the stiffer spring rate. The drop is 10mm so about a little less than half an inch. Worked for me. Different strokes...

Rock on.

Kenny

·
Registered
369 Posts
very nice! My friend can get me those in 18's for $135 ea but I'm in the process of buying a house so I can't afford them

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lookin good!

Always been a fan of Konig

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
fuuuuuuuck you bought my wheels before me. I'm either getting these or Rota SVN's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks so much better than the stock wheels. I do not like the look of the stock wheels at all. Might trade mine for an '09s that is a bit darker. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your comments. In case you are wondering I purchased these through discount tire for $139 a wheel. Not a bad price for a 8 inch wide rim.

Now I need to choose a set of springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts