Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an alternate set of wheels for my summer season tires. I want to get an 18" wheel with a width of at least 7.5" but no more than 8". Here are the two that I am deciding between.

I was looking at the Konig Runaways, which retail for only about $150-175 a wheel, which is nice. However, given that they are only ~19lbs, and considering the low cost, I am worried about durability. I do not want to have my wheels shatter like those horror stories about rotas. Does anyone know anything about Konig durability? I've done some searching and can't find any solid info on the topic.

I was also looking at PIAA Sport Meshes. I love these wheels, but they cost a bit more than the Konigs do. I have heard only good things about PIAA wheels so I don't worry about durability with these. I also believe that you get what you pay for (to a degree). However, they will also cost about $500 more than the konigs for the set.

I am just looking for opinions here, primarily on Konig wheels overall, or even the Runaways in specific. However, any opinions on PIAA wheels are welcome as well.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a set of Konig runaways on my 08 WRX and a set of Konig feathers on my 08 Legacy gt. I have not had any problems with durability. The finish on both seems very nice and they are both really light. I have been very happy with Konig products so far.

Pics:
Feathers: 17x7.5 (no longer availible in this color, black and silver only)

Runaways: 17x8

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have had Konig wheels in the past and as far as durability have not failed on me. They were on my AE86 in many drift events and daily driven until I traded them in for a set of FastForwards. Not bad and definitely a good bang for the buck makes you worry less even if you do hit a pothole. I know about 7 people who run them on their commuters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts