Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was look between the to companies that seem to have the only sedan exaust systems i can find. Borla does a 3" to (2) 2" pipes to the exaust and it looks like lachute does 3" to 2.5", is this right? would this make much of a difference, because borla is $300 cheaper. Was also considering seeing if crawford performance had it but they said would have to have 20 people interested in it in order for them to start production of dual version, GB maybe? ::)

Oh yeah could someone tell me how to post pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you know anyone with a TIG welder, you can make your own. It's not that hard, just need a little patience. The welding is the important part. Find someone who is proficient at TIG welding stainless steel and you can build your own for the cost of the bends and a good muffler. I would not try fabricating an exhaust if you've never welded stainless before.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah unfortunetly i dont know anyone, do you think going to shop would be cheaper than these companies?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I could have sworn rallitek is in the process of designing a sedan catback. If you can wIt till more is available then prices will go down some. If you can't wait theborla is a nice piece of weaponry. ;D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i was leaning towards the Borla i just didnt know if it would be better to have the exaust being 3" to (2) 2" or 3" to (2) 2.5". would there be any differance in sound or performance?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not sure but keep your eyes peeled for audio clips of both exhausts and go from there. I don't think the diameter will make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Lachute is really a shop you can trust, they are the best subbie tuner in quebec and are situated in the Montrea area... i will definitly go see them when it will be ready to get my car tuned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts