Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Subaru WRX 2.0 Turbo. When the boost reaches almost 1.0 it lays down and stops accelerating. If I lift some and hold, it will start accelerating again. Don't know much about turbos, so I need help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be anything brah, sounds like a boost leak or something, does it make a specific whining/squeal noise, it could also be an exhaust leak before or after the turbo, but you wanna start by listening to hear any abnormal induction noises when your turbo' spooling up, any squeal sound = air leaking , so you'll need to check all the hoses and lines around the intake area, common spot for leaks is the EVAP lines, they're sort of behind the alternator,

if the exhaust seems louder than usual, or more "aggressive" sounding, then it's probably an exhaust leak, if its an induction noise thats squealing it'd be a vacuum leak , lots of videos on how to find these, but open bonnet and pull the throttle and see if you can hear any squeals, if the vacuum lines havent been touched your best bet is to buy some sillicone vacuum line and replace all of the vacuum lines, the stock ones go dry and crack , if theyre all good (which I doubt) maybe exhaust leak at downpipe or the headers, need new gaskets maybe, gotta find where ya issue is first tho ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be anything brah, sounds like a boost leak or something, does it make a specific whining/squeal noise, it could also be an exhaust leak before or after the turbo, but you wanna start by listening to hear any abnormal induction noises when your turbo' spooling up, any squeal sound = air leaking , so you'll need to check all the hoses and lines around the intake area, common spot for leaks is the EVAP lines, they're sort of behind the alternator,

if the exhaust seems louder than usual, or more "aggressive" sounding, then it's probably an exhaust leak, if its an induction noise thats squealing it'd be a vacuum leak , lots of videos on how to find these, but open bonnet and pull the throttle and see if you can hear any squeals, if the vacuum lines havent been touched your best bet is to buy some sillicone vacuum line and replace all of the vacuum lines, the stock ones go dry and crack , if theyre all good (which I doubt) maybe exhaust leak at downpipe or the headers, need new gaskets maybe, gotta find where ya issue is first tho ;D
Thanks for the info, J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts