Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what you think about setting lc 4500 rpm and it sits at 6 to 7 psi. How many launches do you think is bad in a day. Or period.
I am running stage 2.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Depends on how you are with it. More gas, more boost (you could get more than 6 to 7 psi).

And are you good at letting the clutch out? Too long - you burn it. Too short - you could be hurting the tranny.

Take short breaks between launches/races and you'll get better. I've seen people run up to 5+ (not necessarily mean it's a good thing) with no issues. The more and harder you launch, the more you shorten the life of your clutch (and potentially transmission, among other parts).

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I thought. But even with full gas it only sits at 6/7 psi. And I have the clutch launching down perfect. No smells at all.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's hell on the clutch but I would think as long as you don't dump it the tranny should be ok. Expect to need a clutch sooner if you do it allot. I use it and love it. Traction is something I learned to appreciate with this car so launching it puts a smile on my face. Like everything else be prepared to fix what breaks, and enjoy the hell out of it till it does lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts