Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reading, I haven't searched the archives for any other similar posts...

Friday I noticed a waft of smoke arise from scoop at a red light. I had about 20 more miles to home. Got home and checked the engine bay. Smoke was coming from DP, turbo, wheel well area. Sunday I got to take a better look from under car, all fluids at level, all belts tight, no weird pools of grease. Did some research on nasioc, thought it was a CV boot tear. Took it to stealership today (Monday), only drive since diagnosis. They called back and said it was a leak in the turbo coolant line.

Questions. Anyone else have this problem? And what problems with the turbo could come from leaking coolant? Any damage?

Stealership say repair is warranteed, but should I worry about other damages? (14K miles on car)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
If car didn't overheat should be fine. If you went boost happy, could have worn the turbo's bearings a bit. Did you get a metal burning smell at all or just the nasty coolant steam smell?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I know this thread is a little old, and im not even sure how I came across it.... But I bet this issue was the oil return line (the recall) ::) lol damn subaru!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts