Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the 05 LGT has the same motor as us, will the downpipe from their car fit on ours? Our cars are based on a shortened legacy platform, so would that mean it may work? what other parts will or wont work on our cars? im always looking for the best deal, i dont care if i buy parts used, and if i can buy some parts for cheap off a legacy forum im totally down.

·
Registered
114 Posts
AFAIK, yes, the downpipes are the same for 05+ LGT and the 08+ WRX. Most places I see advertise them as being compatible for both. For example, the Cobb DP for 05+ LGT is the same part number as the 08 WRX one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Perrin and AVO TMIC are compatible.

Most, if not all downpipes are compatible.

Any bolt-on turbo, or OEM turbo (VF40, VF46) will bolt up.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so on the 08s did they just give it a bigger turbo, like theyre doing to our cars? cuz i know the 08s have like 263hp or something but 05-07 have the same as us.

·
Registered
467 Posts
so on the 08s did they just give it a bigger turbo, like theyre doing to our cars? cuz i know the 08s have like 263hp or something but 05-07 have the same as us.

the 2009's are coming out with 263 (which are not out yet), the 2008 comes with the standard 225ish that it has for years.
the 2008 is the only impreza/wrx model that is based on the legacy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's a very safe bet that most dealers (especially the salesmen) are idiots. I think I've met a total of ONE salesman in my life who actually had a clue about the cars he sold.

Rob

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It's a very safe bet that most dealers (especially the salesmen) are idiots. I think I've met a total of ONE salesman in my life who actually had a clue about the cars he sold.

Rob
QFT.

so the 08s have the same motor as us? i was told by the dealership when i was still looking that the legacies had better motors than us.
The motors are the same for the most part, the turbochargers are not. The legacy has a SLIGHTLY larger TC.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea. the lgts have vf40s dont they? im planning on swapping my turbo out with a legacy's eventually. ive read its just a direct bolt up with no other modifications needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts