Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up ill be gettin my 08 wrx soon enough i was just wondering about the stock stereo...how is it?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
What trim level do you have?

I have the premium 6 speaker. Without the factory sub it was was very limp. I put the OEM sub in and it's much better. The consensus is if you are a car audio enthusiast you will be disappointed with the factory system. It gets loud and bumps with the OEM sub but it's not on par with aftermarket systems. It's not the best stereo system I've ever had but I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The base model is not adequate, and not in line with what you would expect of a car at this price.
The premium model is better, and is comparable to the GTI unit IMO. The systems in the MS3 and Civic Si are easily superior to it though.

Upgrading can be difficult/expensive if you are looking for a serious system. There are some threads here or on NASIOC, or feel free to ask any other questions you might have. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also have the premium 6 speaker stereo and I think it's just ok. What bugs me the most is when I'm listening to the radio the reception can be very weak when driving under a bridge.

·
Registered
549 Posts
hey whats up ill be gettin my 08 wrx soon enough i was just wondering about the stock stereo...how is it?
they sucks!! but thats not why you are buyin the car, right?!

i don't know bout you guys but i heardly turn on my car radio.. even if its on, the volume be on like 5. i just listen to my motor hehe

·
Registered
344 Posts
The stock unit is pretty bad, The Rockford system in my old Nissan was much better... But as mentioned above, I sure as hell didn't even think so much as to turn the radio on during the test drive. Plus it's easily replaced ;)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Same as 3 G Man! +1 bro!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The stock unit is pretty bad, The Rockford system in my old Nissan was much better... But as mentioned above, I sure as hell didn't even think so much as to turn the radio on during the test drive. Plus it's easily replaced ;)
i actually brought 3 CD for all the car that i test drove before buying the wrx... but just to know, didnt influance my decision hehe

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
;) I have the premium system with a 10' Clarion sub on a Alpine V12 and I think it sounds great, but I'll still replace at least the 6 speakers soon enough and the head unit too 'cause it lacks and rca output and the associated sub controls ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I personally think the stock stereo is horrible.. coming from the Honda Civic, i found the subaru stereo soft in the low frequency, making conversations on the radio hard to hear while music sounding hollow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts