Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a check and there's alot more headers available from some really reputable companies. I was wondering because they say the WRX/STI that they will fit both. Also I am wondering if they will all cause me to loose the Boxter Rumble.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Equal length header will cause you to loose the rumble as for Unequal Length header which is on the car now keeps the rumble. I believe most headers will bolt on direct because we have the STi oil pan and the 02-04 didn't.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i have a perrin equal length header and i love it...the power feels alot better but i cant tell exactly how much because i installed a perrin tmic and turboxs dp all within 3 days.... but it comes on alot sooner w/ just the header..i could tell that... it is equal length though so my car sounds nothing like a subaru...but not nearly a normal "ricer sound"....my car feels like a rocket in 2nd when i accelerate from 3 grand as compared to before the header...and keep in mind stock tune also... i am still waiting on the tactrix cable...but i would suggest equal length for power...unequal keeps the sound and yields some small forms of power but equal length is normally a better power adder

·
Registered
132 Posts
DC sports, Borla, and Kakumei have unequal length header which will give your car the Boxer rumble you are looking for. The design of any 3 is much better than the stock manifold. There might be more unequal length header out there... we should start a list and have the moderators sticky it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
ill get a sound clip tonight before i take it off...btw its for sale..i dont have it listed but if anyone wants it pm me..its a perrin equal length...reason i want to get rid of it is i need an accessport bad and need the money for that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts