Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if we install headers we loose that nice rumble we've all been accustom to. With that said, is it true that most headers already made for the 02 WRX/STi are universal? How about brands?? I was going to go with Perrin since my uppipe is from them? Input, need Input!! (guess the movie?) ;D

·
Registered
700 Posts
I know if we install headers we loose that nice rumble we've all been accustom to. With that said, is it true that most headers already made for the 02 WRX/STi are universal? How about brands?? I was going to go with Perrin since my uppipe is from them? Input, need Input!! (guess the movie?) ;D

johnny 5? thats the 1st thing that popped in my head

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice wrxlover. +1 and sxhmidog thanks for the site. $1000 for that header. It better be damn good. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
So i wanted to ask are there any headers from any of the years or models that we can put on our cars 08-09? with or without up pipe? they all almost look the same and since there are alot of them to choose from for other years i just wanted to see if i can look at others.

·
Registered
253 Posts
all headers can be interchangeable, but modification might have to be made to oil pans or something like that

equal length = lose the rumble

unequal length = rumble.

Also, due to the design headers on our cars are prone to crack. Just a little FYI

·
Registered
646 Posts
headers rock! ive owned 3 for some reason. all the headers will fit our cars. we have the 2.5 oil pan so all of the el headers will fit. and of course the uel ones. same with uppipes. i wouldnt suggest wrapping like was said earlier, cracking is a big problem with them on our cars. you can pick up a good header/uppipe combo for 500 or less from alot of reputable companies. most are the same design

·
Registered
339 Posts
You only lose the boxer rumble if you go Equal Length. With unequal length, the rumble remains. I've also heard that UEL is better for low-end torque, while EL is better for top-end power. Anybody else hear that?

Rob

·
Registered
646 Posts
hear and felt it. with my perrin the low end didnt the umph it felt like but on the top end it helped alot

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Why would you bump this? The info is still the same, ELH you lose the rumble, UEL you keep it. There is no point in doing a header if you want to go UEL, spend the money on a port/polish job for the manifolds and crosspipe and get an uppipe if you want. There is no real power gain by doing the uppipe since we are already catless but you could always gasket port it to match. The stock manfolds are a lot less likely to crack compared to aftermarket headers.

Port/polish king www.socalporting.com

I for one <3 my ELH GT Spec headers, one of my top 3 mods so far. I love that it sounds like an exotic street bike and doesn't sound like 90% of the Subaru's out there. If boxer motors were supposed to sound like a Subaru, Porsche would have hopped on board long ago....

/thread

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not to change the subject but I am getting my header installed in 2 weeks and I am doing an unequal one. Does an uppipe help? I got one but the way it sounds they dont do anything for the car, help please

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: Re: Lets talk Headers.....

Not to change the subject but I am getting my header installed in 2 weeks and I am doing an unequal one. Does an uppipe help? I got one but the way it sounds they dont do anything for the car, help please
Stock uppipe is fine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts