Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was driving the other day and couldn't help but notice how some of the new luxury cars (ie: lexus, mb, bmw) have very elegant license plate light bulbs. Ours or mine at least, has the same dingy quality as my dome light. I tried searching napa and autozone for replacement bulbs. Anyone know of a place I can get better/nicer quality light bulbs for the license plate illumination?

I guess we can even take this one step further and find replacements for the dome light as well. It would be pretty cool to open up my wrx at night and have it illuminated like a caddy.

-Dail

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cool video going over cts ambient lighting. And no im not talking about rice flourecents. ;-)

<embed src="
WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="100">

Sorry code came out all funny for some reason, tried a bunch of diff ones too ???

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those license plate bulbs are 168. Check out the light bulb thread: http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.msg5276#msg5276
It has a lot of good information including recommended sites. Just look around. I think Courteau posted a picture of his car with LED license plate lights and it looked pretty good. I haven't really seen anything about dome lights yet.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I got these W5W LED bulbs from Hoen-usa.com. Pretty good light, there's a superflux on the top and small led on the side so it fills the light pretty good. Very bright at night, there's a nice glow off the back of my 08.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts