Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lightweight pulley must read

I bought an AP pulley last week and was looking forward to installing it untill I found this from Vivid Racing:
The pulley fits on with no issues to the 2008 except the change in the AC belt tensioner. The new 2008 does not have a tensioner, so once you remove the stock belt or cut it, you are unable to get a new one on. Putting a new belt on requires a special tool from Subaru. However, all mounts are in place to run the factory tensioner that was on the 02-07 cars. With about $60 in extra parts including a new belt, you are good to go again. Down the road we anticipate the special tool from Subaru or we may supply an aftermarket part instead of using the OEM tensioner.

To mount the tensioner on the car, the following Subaru part numbers are required -
73131FC000 - Tensioner Pulley Part
73134AC001 - Tensioner Pulley Part
73132AC000 - Long Bolt
73610AC000 - Bracket

Here is a couple of pics of the 08 with the Belt guard off, notice the 2 bolt holes just under the AC and Altenator. That is were the tensioner is supposed to be. if you look at the printing on the AC belt you will notie it says Subaru Stretch Fit Belt.

Here are some photos from scoobymods.com of a older WRX (notice the Tensioner) Here is the link to that mod install by the way http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163

So if there is someone out ther with an idea on this let me, us know. by the way does anyone have the 08 Sevice manual yet

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: lightweight pulley must read

Broke in Oct while racing the NASMOTO West Finals. Damn Hospital said it was sprained. So in Feb I went to my orthopedic because I couldnt do much with my wrist let alone twist a throttle . 3 months later im still in a cast but should be out first week in June. So much for Racing this year. My computer room is also full of parts for the WRX Im hoping to get them all installes within the next 2 months.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Re: lightweight pulley must read

notice any difference after the install .
Yes , small amount of hp /tq , I'm stage 2 with perrin map , perrin intake , perrin tmic , perrin rbv , invidia dp , and spt cat back......out of breath , I get lost , I think I have more mods......no thats it . This is a great mod for any car , unsprung power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts