Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to turn on the unlocking/locking chirp on the 08 WRX Hatch? Mine is Australian spec which I beleive is the same as US spec but both methods I have heard do not work. Holding the unlock and lock button on the remotes does not work and neither does holding the unlocking button and inserting/taking out the key 6 times either. Does the dealer have to do this with the computer?

·
Registered
700 Posts
in the US it is in the manual(good read some important things in there). i did it so those late nights home i dont wake any neighbors.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I turned it off on my car a few weeks ago.

First, sit in the driver's seat with the doors shut and car off. Then, while holding the "unlock" button on the driver's door, insert the key into the ignition and remove 6 times within 10 seconds. Next, release the "unlock" button, and open & shut the driver's door. You should then see your blinkers flash 3 times to let you know that you did it correctly.

It took me 2 tries to get it right, so make sure you don't give up on the first try. I'll also go out and check my quick reference manual to make sure this is right. Good luck man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah ok ill have to try it again, this did not work for me last time and in my book it says to see the dealer to get it put on which sucks. Thanks for your replies. Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah tried it again and deffinately does not work. AUS spec must have different locking/immobiliser/alarm system. It deffinately has the alarm caus ive set it off before, no horn sound just the alarm, so i might just take it to Subaru dealer and get them to do it, thanks for all help guys, CHEERS

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nah tried it again and deffinately does not work. AUS spec must have different locking/immobiliser/alarm system. It deffinately has the alarm caus ive set it off before, no horn sound just the alarm, so i might just take it to Subaru dealer and get them to do it, thanks for all help guys, CHEERS
yeah i'm thinking AUS spec is different. cuz i did the whole 6 ignition thing like posted up there, and no more chirping for me! i love it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry to hear it man. I actually did it again right after I posted to make sure it worked. I wish it only chirped when you LOCK the doors. Anyway, I'm sure that the dealership won't give you a hard time about it. Take it easy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
if you have the nav/dvd option in your car you can enable and disable the chirp back through the nav/dvd unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called docklands Subaru in Melbourne yesterday. For AUS spec you have to press the unlock button on your remote 6 times (wait for blinkers to stop flashing) to enable the chirp, although it still did not work for me they assure me this is how you turn it on. They said they would have to have a look at it to see why it wont work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same problem here. I followed the manual to the letter and the car responds as it should i.e dash lights flashing correctly etc, however the chirps are still present. Talking to a local car alarm/ICE installer, he said it can be turned off via computer. My car is in to the dealer on Thursday for a service and for them to activate the Subaru alarm shock sensor that i fitted, they said they can turn the chirps off at the same time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone have theirs randomly stop working in hot summer weather? My 06 wrx used to stop working in the summer when it was hot, then magically come back on once it got cold and snow would fly.. Its funny.

Hasnt happened to my 08 yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to my local dealer today and he tried to enter a code into the keypad to activate the lock/unlock chirp.
It didn't work. Does anyone have a list of these codes?

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts