Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just like the title says i just ordered pinks from subarugenuineparts.com and now im looking for someone who has installed spring before in my area to maybe give me a hand doing so!! i unfortunatly dont have a garage or even any tools! i live in a appartment complex so i cant have these things here!!!
nif someone in mass area would be willing to help me out with this that would be great! also maybe a way to get a northeast scooby meet going anyways hopefully someone out there can help me out!! -chad-

·
Registered
954 Posts
id love to help but mass is a lil too far from nj. if you dont have much experience working on cars, its probably best to just bring it to a shop. you can really hurty yourself compressing springs if you dont do it the right way

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i do have experience i actually have a good amount of experience with cars especially with suspension
i have lifted, dropped, bagged, swapped entire suspensions among other things all done in the driveway! however i dont live at the house anylonger so i dont have access to a driveway! which absolutely sucks ass!!!
so no fear im not some newbie looking for someone to do the work for me just dont have a place to do it anymore!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
After sitting in the box for over a week i got the coils on. Lowered the car 1.75 in the front and 1.5 back and it sits really nice. I will try to get some pictures up soon. As for the ride, STIFF! I love it. I have not touched the dampening at all but plan to after about 200 miles. Car handles alot better and is definitly more responsive. Only problem was that i cut out a small section of carpet to have easier access for the rear struts. Oh, and i think i need 18's now haha.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey skoal what springs did you use to lower the front 1 3/4" and the back 1 1/2" i thought the sti pinks only dropped it about 10mm which should be around 1/2" total give or take?

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea sorry i posted on the wrong fourm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts