Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of Magazines that have information about the new 08’s. Giving some details about the write up and giving the magazine title and a small write up about what the magazine said.

Modified Mag April 08
“Bring It”
Writes how Vivid Racing is the first company to come out with the new 08 WRX thoroughly modified. The car end up having 400awhp running on 91 octane with an Agency Power GT35R Turbo Kit.

0-60 Spring 08
“Fast Cars”
A group of guys and girl took out the new STI and the new WRX on a 2,524 mile trip from Seattle to Tuktyaktuk, Canada driving on the Ice Highway. Ended up that the STI was to powerful on the ice and was spinning tires a lot, but they both made the trip in less than 6 days. Both cars were stock, with Hella Front Fog lights.

STI 0-60 Times running on 89 octane

Surface Best Time Temp. F
Dry Asphalt 5.6 28
Groomed Snow 9.9 -5
Snow/Ice Mix 11 -6
Glass Ice 15 -12
Light Snow/Cover Ice 17.6 -19
[tr][td]

·
Registered
344 Posts
"STI 0-60 Times running on 89 octane" Why would any mag. use 89? 93 is what is recommended ???

·
Registered
344 Posts
Guess I should say my thanks to 93 then :-*

·
Registered
243 Posts
sport compact car has had ones in several issues and even has one as a project car (SEDAN VERSION) that they talk about briefly in almost every issue. they had a pretty good write up on the '08 wrx perrin did.

·
Registered
344 Posts
March Road and Track has the STI getting beat to S*it by the evo :mad: The times they pulled from the STI seem slower than they should be. From what I gather they had a hard time utilizing the Si drive functions :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
How could any 0-60 test be valid running on 89 octane fuel? When you open the fuel filler door, it says "PREMIUM FUEL" or whatever.

·
Registered
243 Posts
they couldve atleast added some fuel additive to bump the octane up a little... i wonder how shitty the car ran on 89.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the point of the article was more that the subarus could drive the distance and have no problem with the snow and ice. they were really not up there to be shooting 0-60 numbers. the writer thought it would be interesting to log some numbers on the trip, and that is what he did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts