Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stop at the lights, i guess they were both buddies cause they looked at eachother laughing, i launched, smashed them by like 2 car lengths, they slowly creeped up and then by 4 gear they were 1 car ahead of me, im guessing H22 swap, i doubt they were boosted. but stupid me i forgot to turn off the TCS and i had my defrost on. Anyways i need an acceespot and a catback, right now i have cobb down and up pipes...(didnt really need the up pipe) ???

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, I didn't think that a civic could do that, they must have something nice under the hood... Are you sure that they weren't boosting? The TCS will make a difference in acceleration.

·
Registered
549 Posts
any honda aint have any balls till over 6k rpm. and even at high rmp for them to even smoke you like that.. their motors must of been built. im sure they weren't boosting cuz if they were they would of smoke ya off the line.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I don't think that they would have gotten off the line even if they were boosting cause of them being front wheel drive.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't think that they would have gotten off the line even if they were boosting cause of them being front wheel drive.
if they had LSD i think they would...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
AWD can really make a large difference even if the other car does have a LSD... The reason being is the effectiveness that all four wheels have in putting all the available power to the ground.

A front wheel drive, if you watch closely, dips back when it accelerates. This does not pose a problem to AWD or Rear Wheel drive as they have the power at the rear wheels. But, for a front wheel drive car this poses a problem cause when the weight shifts backwards the front wheel can easily loose traction, even with an LSD cause there is no weight on the wheels. Now this can be countered with suspension modifications, but it will never truly be offset due to the physics.

Well that is my understanding of starting off properly entails. There is a reason that NHRA Drag cars are rear wheel drive.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
if they had LSD i think they would...
LSD would just make both front tires spin instead of one. I had 268 hp in my srt-4 and would spin both tires through third.

·
Registered
752 Posts
LSD would just make both front tires spin instead of one. I had 268 hp in my srt-4 and would spin both tires through third.
my buddy has an srt4. ran an Evo from a 40roll had had to start in third. lol. Evo got about 2-3 cars out for a few seconds then it was over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts