Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i went up to the local wendy after work becuz i was told this tiburon was calling me out. it made me wonder, cuz i mean its a front wheel drive v6 who would think its fast. i knew from prior knowledge that he had I/E/H. so i get there and hes shows up a lil after i.

he asks if we are gonna race and he said yeah, so i follow him out, thinking we are gonna go from a dig. instead we line up doing about 15, three honks, and i get the worst turbo leg i have ever had in the car since i owned it. so he jumped on my a lil, once turbo kicked in i caught up and passed him, and continued to pull, once i got 1 and 1/2 up i threw the cautions on.

then later as i was sitting in the parking lot eating my chicken nuggets, a mustang cobra rolls threw and revs at me, i didnt hear a s/c so i figured what the hell. so i followed him to a light and asked if he wanted to go.

he said "is it stock" and i said "something like that" i asked him the same question he said yes, even though i could tell he had aftermarket pipes.

so the like turns green i launch on him perfectly and by second gear was about 3 cars ahead and i think he might had caught up about 1 before i got to the top of third and shut her down.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I hope you didn't run over any babies or senior citizens

mustang isn't that impressive unless it's modded
tiburon isn't impressive no matter what - but they have some pretty sharp looking body kits!

I used to race for hyundai, they are not interested in making fast cars anymore, they're more interested in imitating lexus -- KIA is their young person / fast car brand now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you go from-a-roll, you should brake boost.

try to look for a S/C tibby. i brake boosted from a 40roll and smashed one. from a dig you should be fine.
i wouldn't bother with mustangs from a dig anymore, unless they have slicks and spray.

have you run a stage 2 cobalt yet?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't recommend street racing but you seem to do it oftenso I
curious what kind of shift points you use when you're racing these guys. Are you just running to decline then shifting or are you trying to keep the powerband around the torque peak?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think i was shifting at ~5800 - 6k when i was stock.
now i am shifting at 6500. sometimes i shift at 6k from 2nd to 3rd gear, because i think i will miss it the first time. lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How about if you don't post about it because it's stupid, dangerous, and illegal?

If you get caught, your car will be towed and you WILL get arrested--for good reason.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Not a big fan of street racing...please do not post about it

please keep racing off public roads, it kills innocent people.

race on a track or drag strip and talk about it :)
yeah, i wont post about it jus for you ??
I'm not going to be a dick, but I am a moderator and that was a subtle warning.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
just imagine how bad it's going to be after the next fast-n-furious movie comes out with that guy driving the new WRX...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
just imagine how bad it's going to be after the next fast-n-furious movie comes out with that guy driving the new WRX...
Maybe, it'll just be a bunch of mitsus in the next movie...although the original fast and the furious made the supra worth a lot more money...i'd like my car to depreciate alot slower :p

·
Registered
752 Posts
How about if you don't post about it because it's stupid, dangerous, and illegal?

If you get caught, your car will be towed and you WILL get arrested--for good reason.
stupid... maybe. dangerous... sometimes. illegal... yes.

idk about getting arrested, but where i'm from people get at least 0 in tickets for getting caught.
i've seen cars with slicks get pulled over and told to go home. lol. i guess the cops here are nice.

I'm not going to be a dick, but I am a moderator and that was a subtle warning.
+1
and if you take it to the track, the other car is forced to race from a dig :)
AWD FTW

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man, the new Tiburon is supposed to be an "affordable rear wheel drive car with 300hp" - even the concept looks a little funny, but we may not be having are way with tiburons for much longer..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
that car isn't a tiburon, it's the hyundai genesis coupe, and it's a luxury car

it'll weigh a lot more so that 300hp isn't the same as a tiburon with 300hp

think more like a heavy mustang or lexus made in south korea with 300hp...

the engine is still under powered

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
yeah, i wont post about it jus for you ??
count me in the I don't wanna know 'bout and what ever might my thoughts about street racing be the forum can't stand by it as an organisation.

:D you wan't street racin watch this http://www.mininova.org/tor/1584381 Initial D soooo sweet and since it's a cartoon no chances of death

·
Registered
145 Posts
I raced a tiburon GT on the drag strip when I was stage 2 and smoked him by 2 seconds.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
tiburon GT = tiburon with a crappy V6 they use in the tuscon and sonata

was it turbo'd at all? or just a crap load of bolt-ons on an NA...

they're sloooowwww

chick cars :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
i had an encounter with a tiburon last night.

i was riding down the interstate going 80 in a 55 which was fast enough, but this moron flew up and rode my tail. i couldnt tell what kind of car it was.

so a few miles down the road a cop has someone pulled over (everyone brakes). 200 yds past the cop this guy makes a dangerous pass to get beside me the he takes off. since it was late, on a long straightaway i catch up to him as we enter a few bends in the road. he is struggling to keep speed in the outside lane and i easily pass him on the inside.

1 mi ahead is a construction zone (that section of the road was closing in 45 mins) so i slow down, assuming cops and workers are all over the place. this guy makes an extremely dangerous pass where he slides into 1.5 lengths of space between a dump truck in the left lane and a compact car in the right (he went left to right)

i wasnt going to be stupid just to drive faster than a tiburon.

he drove like a teenager w/o consequences. now someone in the suburbs of pittsburgh is going to tell people that his tiburon beat a wrx :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts