Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Megan makes a CHEAP coilover, very clunky and the damping adjustment might as well be decoration. I have experience with them (friends car). The problem is, they are shiny and have a solidly constructed body - people see the welds and knobs and say wow, nice set. You get what you pay for with coilovers - if you want cheap adjustable ride height and mystery damping, the Megans are your ticket. Don't get them if you're expecting Bilstein performance.

And IMHO, pretty much all coilovers out of Japan are garbage, but on the STREET and low-level auto-x most people won't/can't tell the difference anyways.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Megan makes a CHEAP coilover, very clunky and the damping adjustment might as well be decoration. I have experience with them (friends car). The problem is, they are shiny and have a solidly constructed body - people see the welds and knobs and say wow, nice set. You get what you pay for with coilovers - if you want cheap adjustable ride height and mystery damping, the Megans are your ticket. Don't get them if you're expecting Bilstein performance.

And IMHO, pretty much all coilovers out of Japan are garbage, but on the STREET and low-level auto-x most people won't/can't tell the difference anyways.
Which coilovers have you tried? ::) Of course Megans are crap, that's why I went with Cusco

·
Registered
333 Posts
the H&R's are coming out soon...

but dont the cobb springs have less drop in the back? 1.5/1.25 compared to H&R's 1.4/1.3

and i also have heard some people complaining that H&R doesnt do enough Suby R&D and the springs arent perfect...

that being said i'd also like to know if these Megans are any worse than the Cusco for anyone besides a dedicated track racer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Cheap/inferior coilovers can destroy your car pretty fast. Imagine the springs going full compression, making ur car's body take any force on its own without any damping.

I had that alot on my previous ride. Ever since then i only went for superior brands

1 - 8 of 8 Posts