Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Good bang for the buck for sure. There are a couple of posts regarding this unit but yeah they are good enough for street or track but not in the same class as the larger name companies.

No feedback about the big brake kit yet though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Megan coils on MY08. I like them so far. I lowered the front 1.75 and the back 1.5 and it sits really nice. I waited about 300 miles to adjust anything and set them right in the middle at 16. Seems to be the perfect ride for everyday driving. I did take them down to about the 7 setting and the were super stiff so you can notice a difference between settings. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
one more thing, its worth the 200 dollars to have some put them on. Its about a 3 hour labor job and getting the ride height right can be a pain.

·
Registered
209 Posts
don't you have to get somebody to weight balance your coil overs? sorry I don't know the proper term, but I thought u had to have somebody adjust them such that not all the weight is leaning on one side

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
don't you have to get somebody to weight balance your coil overs? sorry I don't know the proper term, but I thought u had to have somebody adjust them such that not all the weight is leaning on one side
Corner balancing and you are correct, you can use the coilovers for their proper purpose to corner weight the car evenly on 4 scales. However this is impractical on the street as you might have passengers at times. Most people just even out the height or corner balance once with the driver in the car and leave it be for the duration of time.

This is unless you are kinda crazy and like the car tilted. Or run oval track racing in which case normal logic of corner balancing doe snot apply ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts