Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone intall them yet. I just ordered mine. Anything i should know what the install? I will post picks when i get them on.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I haven't heard anything yet. I just got set back 1200 dollars so it won't be for awhile till I get mine. I would love to know what you think of them. Where are you located?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am in pittsburgh. I hope to have them by the end of next week. I will try to get some pictures of the install and will let you know what i think when i get them on. Where are you at?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i want to know how they feel as well! i saw it for $895US... really want to try out coilovers... but worry it will be too harsh for DD... post pic and a review when you get it installed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really simple install. Unweight both wheels so the sway doesn't bind. Mine came set up preloaded etc for a reasonable ride height and preload. Just bolted right in. I set the damper at full soft to start with and have been playing with it. I may change the ride height when I get it corner weighted.
For the cost of corner weighting the car I been thinking about these.
http://www.madone.net/html/goods___services.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like a performance like ride. The Megan coilovers deliver exactly that without being too stiff. It is possible to order the Megan coilovers with up to 2kg less or more spring rate than they come with. The most I would do is 1kg less, then I would probably turn the damping up to achieve the same level of stiffness I currently have. On smooth roads they are very compliant and on rough roads they absorb more of the bumps than the cushy stock suspension, occasionally jarring if traveling way faster than the stock suspension would allow but that's sorta the point, isn't it.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I like a performance like ride. The Megan coilovers deliver exactly that without being too stiff. It is possible to order the Megan coilovers with up to 2kg less or more spring rate than they come with. The most I would do is 1kg less, then I would probably turn the damping up to achieve the same level of stiffness I currently have. On smooth roads they are very compliant and on rough roads they absorb more of the bumps than the cushy stock suspension, occasionally jarring if traveling way faster than the stock suspension would allow but that's sorta the point, isn't it.
I didn't know you could order them with significantly softer springrates. I'm definitely going to look into it then. I love adjustable dampening too. Where do I get some info about ordering a set with softer springrates?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered mine from Boostbuddy.com but I spoke with Megan Racing directly to confirm exactly what I was looking for. I know that the different spring rates cost "some" extra just don't know how much. I figured if I really wanted softer springs I would just order them directly from Megan.

MEGAN RACING INC.

788 PHILIPS DR.
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91748
Office Hours
Monday - Friday 9:30am-6:30pm

General Phone : +1 (626)581-0988
General Fax : +1 (626)581-8334
Wholesale Fax : +1 (626)581-4332

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got the coils today from megan racing but wont be able to put them on until the 25th. I will get some pictures and let you guys know what i think then.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn, I have my eyes on these! My buddy has been running a set of Megans on his evo for nearly a year now, loves them!! They are quite nice for the price, no question.

Let us know what you think, and btw are you already running aftermarket sways and endlinks?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no not yet, i plan to order sways by the end of the week. I just dont which ones i want. Any help on that?

·
Registered
954 Posts
i just order sti sways and bushings for under 200 front and rear

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I know the rear will fit, but I'm not sure about the front. I was thinking about replacing my whitelines with the STI bars so the car wouldn't roll abruptly so much on uneven ground. Be sure to post something up when you get them on as it would be a pretty cost-effective solution for most people compared to most aftermarket bars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I read on NASIOC (so this might not be true) that the Megan's are built in the same place (and therefore are basically identical) to the expensive apex'i coilovers..

Damn... I may have to try these... I love my Swifts but I need something stiffer and sportier.. :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
STi sways?? from where??
well i ordered them from subarugenuineparts.com, but ended up canceling my order due to piss poor customer relations and the fact that no one was sure if they were going to fit so i ended up getting whitelines instead

1 - 20 of 31 Posts