Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't want a LOUD exhaust and don't really wanna spend $900 on Perrin CBE so I was thinking of going with Megan Racing. Only 640 something shipped, but, I don't really know much about their products. If anybody could chime in i'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So I don't want a LOUD exhaust and don't really wanna spend 0 on Perrin CBE so I was thinking of going with Megan Racing. Only 640 something shipped, but, I don't really know much about their products. If anybody could chime in i'd appreciate it. Thanks!
It's quite loud. Definitely over 85db. Try the SPT if you want it nice and mello and also economical.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I actually just recieved my Megan Racing CBE for my sedan. I also picked up a Invidia DP as well. After I install it I will throw up a vid of how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks but no need. MY SPT finally came in and I just went with that since it was only $383 after taxes. That and the catless invidia DP makes this thing sound mean!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Thanks but no need. MY SPT finally came in and I just went with that since it was only 3 after taxes. That and the catless invidia DP makes this thing sound mean!
good choice! as tougemonster said, Megan makes things on the loud side and they probably dont R&D for any type of noise reducing. EVERY car I have heard w/ a Megan N1 canister type exhaust has been too loud for NYC.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
well, the rule in NY is that any aftermarket exhaust is illegal. I have driven by cops and it's ok. The SPT exhaust is really quiet for an "aftermarket" non resonated exhaust. I wouldnt say it's much louder than a stock VQ35 equipped car.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I wish I knew what the Megan exhaust was going to sound like on my sedan. I tried looking it up on youtube and i cant find anything. Only thing I can find is for the hatch. I listened to 07 rex's with Megan CBE installed and they sounded pretty sweet. Also does anyone know if I'll run into any problems hooking up a Invidia DP to the Megan Racing CBE? I guess I should of asked that question before i purchased everything. lol

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I wish I knew what the Megan exhaust was going to sound like on my sedan. I tried looking it up on youtube and i cant find anything. Only thing I can find is for the hatch. I listened to 07 rex's with Megan CBE installed and they sounded pretty sweet. Also does anyone know if I'll run into any problems hooking up a Invidia DP to the Megan Racing CBE? I guess I should of asked that question before i purchased everything. lol
Shouldn't have a problem. I dont think Megan uses the donut. But Invidia sells an adapter anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts